1000g tank for sale on CL

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by PharmrJohn, Feb 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Well, I was looking around for yet another aquarium (30g give or take) when I happened on this mammoth tank. Neat-o.

1000 gallon complete Aquarium

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

That is awesome!
    Now I need to ask you a favor. I need you to go and get the set up for me and bring it over to my place. After you unload it there just ring the doorbell and take off. I promise I'll have the money to you shortly after ;)

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

dude 5k is a bargain for that thing but god the upkeep costs on it are probably insane, betting it goes through 30-50 gallons a day in topoff

5. mile high reefer

mile high reefer Fire Shrimp

that shark seemed big for that tank.

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Now I am just going to show it to my wife and tell her it's a great deal and we shouldn't pass it up. I mean, hey!!!! It's only 5K. You have to spend money to save it, right???

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Dude seriously though. If that ever came up I would do everything possible to try and get it.
    All you would need is lighting, and that wouldn't be so bad at all considering the tank is only 30" deep. Seriously awesome tank, at a very very good price. 5K for a setup like that is nothing. Hell, I probably have $1500-$2000 into my 40.

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Well, I don't know..... I said, "But honey, it's 1000 gallons!!! I only have 90 (whiney voice).". She said "Don't honey me......". I think that means yes.

10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Totally. It means she would be disappointed, but is giving you the ok. I would call now and pick it up tomorrow. Surprise her with it. OH! wait! It could be HER Valentine's gift ;D

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yeah dude. But what was your start up? My start up for the 75 (then turned 90) was $400. I am up to $3K now probably. There is always something you have to get or improve upon. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that you would have 10K into it within three months. And Iraf is right about the top off....could you imagine?

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

She read your post. And I told her it was all your fault. That you were making me buy it. And.........that I was the man of the house.....and wwwwwhat I say goes. And she will not only let me buy it, but will maintain it as well. Yep, that's exactly what I did.::)