100 Gallon

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Birchell, Jan 18, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I will either sell the 55 for extra money on equipment or keep it for a sump/fuge if the 30L won't keep up. It has a wet/dry filter that comes with it. I want a huge reef tank more then I want a preditor tank, Mommy wants pretty fish not killers as she would put it.

2. Click Here!

3. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

lol, I know what you mean. Ive gone over all kinds of stuff for my 100, and im just gonna have to do reef tooo. I wanted to use my old 55 for a sump for the 100, but I couldnt get it to fit in my stand. It has to many supports. Oh well, it at my little bros house now, hehe.

4. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

LOL.... thats my problem some of the rocks are from my old 55 so they are way to big....

Marc.

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

OMG!! updated movie of the algea farm!!

as u can see the fish are happy and healthy. The triggers are like dogs, always begging for food. They will eat from my hand without event thinking. The tangs are alittle more shy, but I can tell the sailfin is gonna have a good personalliy when he gets older. Hope this movie dont scare to many ppl, lol
    By the way, the leathers are doing their closing up thing they do every month or so. Most of the time they are huge!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Even had good back ground music to boot. Have you been running a PO[SUB]4[/SUB] reactor on the system yet?

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

nope no PO4 yet. Im kinda hoping the tank will fix it self some, lol. Im pretty stressed right now with bills, and well ill just say other things. So not to much money can get put into the tank. Im hoping soon, I can dump some cash into it, and help it out. I think im gonna sell my F/W tank.

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Have you tested for PO[SUB]4[/SUB] or seen if your RO/DI filters are bad?

10. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

I tested for po4 ummm, like a month ago, and yes it was high. I havent done as many water changes as i should to get this stuff out. And ummm...i use tap water :O. But i never had this problem with my nano, or freshwater. I live in a small town and we get water from under ground. Ive tested and nitrates are close to 0 right out of the tap. po4 was low to. So im sure i just have a problem with way to much nutrition in the water. It has a greenish color to it when u look length ways. Not much, just alittle green. Sooo i know there is some stuff in the water still, and my POS skimmer dont pull to much out, or even stay working long enough. I think i know the problems, but i dont have the money to invest in it....kinda see?? Ill test the po4 later and give u the details.

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Totally understand, first chance you get I would get rid of the tap water, that is a problem waiting to happen.

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I love the flow in that tank!!! Can never have too much flow!