10 gallon stand with display fuge..

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by frankdontsurf, Sep 30, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. frankdontsurf

frankdontsurf Astrea Snail

Hello, so I'm going to have my brother in law who is a drafter model/build a stand for my 10 gallon. I want to have a display fuge so I can keep some urchins and stars and room for pods to get busy. I don't want to hide it since my display tank is small as it is. Figure it would be kinda neat to have it all on display.

I don't want a low stand either, so I'm thinking 40" tall for the display tank, and put the fuge at about 24" off the ground? The stand will be a tad bit deeper than the tanks so that I can hide everything in there well. I'll have space for storage under the fuge, and space for ATO, skimmer head space etc between the fuge and display tank.

Thoughts? I'm emailing him the measurements today so I want to be pretty clear on what I want.. Any foreseeable issues?

I'll come back to this thread and update as it progresses.

2. Click Here!

3. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

Sounds very cool. I was thinking about doing something similar. Whats the plan for the main display, nano reef? If so, you could always throw any hitchkikers into the fuge. maybe even get a mantis? They're always cool to watch.