10 gallon Nano PAR30 LED ***Updated video 12/03/10***

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by pecco22, Nov 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

i would go warmer. 78-80 degrees.

2. Click Here!

3. pecco22

pecco22 Peppermint Shrimp

I agree that would be the ideal temp, however I was trying to keep as much equipment out of the main DT. So my heater is in my HOB fuge. I assume the flow through the fuge is to fast and doesn't allow the heater enough time to warm the water?

4. Nubz

Nubz Astrea Snail

I love my ten gallon, feel free to pm me and compare notes, a I didn't read the other posts really well , are you skimming?

5. greybeard

greybeard Skunk Shrimp

temps far as my humble Xperience is better around 78 to 80.... that said I haven't done any SPS yet so maybe someone else could chime in loud and correct me here?

the timer I use is actually one made for retiles! LOL go figure. I think it's made by RZilla? but i'd have to check it to be sure.

small update my speedy panicked last minute 10 gallon set up is actually doing well... only one fish in there at this time (royal gramma basslet) and small clean up crew with about 12 pounds sand and 2-3 pounds live rock, 5 pounds dead sps's for base rock. cycled and reading 0,0,0 with biweekly 2 gallon water changes to my 55 gallon tank.
    Your 10 gallon still looks WAY better than mine! *jealous* I really gotta work on it more.

GreyBeard

6. pecco22

No right now I am not skimming, and not sure if I will set one up or not. I dont think I will. If need be though I may do a small DIY skimmer.

thanks, mine is so new though, they always look really good when they are new. I will have to try hard to keep it that way. thanks again.

Still looking for a better timer/power center though.

7. Nubz

Nubz Astrea Snail

Really glad to see other people find skimming nanos not necessary, I just do lots of water changes

8. Click Here!

9. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hope that star makes it too. I had soo much life that didn't survive my 8.0 ammonia spike!! including a brittle star that I saw only once! Looks really good though and don't worry, your hard work will pay off.

10. pecco22

some more pics of my tank. I finally have life in my tank. 3 mini serpent star, a few snails, and a diatom bloom in progress. Glad to see it all moving forward.

Attached Files:

11. pecco22

last few

Attached Files:

12. greybeard

greybeard Skunk Shrimp

Thanks for the update pics pecco22 my 10 gallon hasn't had the diatom bloom YET lol i'm sure it will

It still looks better than mine.. i love the canopy on the 10.

I'd start a build thread for mine but without pics I'd be beaten and I can't even find my digital camera! LOL Wife is in Florida for family matters and she has her's with her so I'm without pics to post back to make you feel even better about your 10! LOL

GreyBeard