10 gal stock list?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by Gexx, May 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i was really wantin a betta as a show fish. but im sure i can find another show fish.
    how about:

6 neon tetras
    2 cory cats
    dwarf african frog

ANY MORE IDEAS?!?! lol

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. tharsis

tharsis Peppermint Shrimp

It is hard to get a show fish for a 10 gallon community, either they get too big or they are not very good community fish...not really sure what other options there are.

if you are set on a betta, than try it out. i have heard of success stories. Just make sure you have a backup plan If there is no peaceful co-existence. I would suggest adding the tetras and cories in first. if you add the betta first, he will claim the tank as his and won;t be very accepting of intruders.

EDIT: You could get a dwarf cichlid, like a german blue ram or bolivian ram, or an apistogramma like a cacatouides or agassizii These get fairly colorful and do well with tetras.

4. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

ok. im sure ill find something. this weekend is buy one, get two free at the local fish store:eek: so ill be purchasing this weekend most likely. plenty of time to find some more fish i like.