ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
KingFish

Skin: Mint
Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery
Cool Seachem Reef Fusion Calcium Alkalinity Supplements

Seachem has a new line of supplements about to hit the stores this month called 'Reef Fusion' and 3reef has the specs below. Reef Fusion 1 will maintain calcium and Reef Fusion 2 will handle alkalanity. They may be used together to balance both for your reef aquarium.

http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/products/seachem_fusion.jpg
Seachem Reef Fusion Calcium Alkalinity Supplements

Reef Fusion 1™ and Reef Fusion 2™ are the foundation of a system formulated to provide the essentials for a reef tank. Reef Fusion 1™ provides calcium, while Reef Fusion 2™ provides alkalinity. When used together, the Reef Fusion™ system will maintain calcium and alkalinity levels.

Reef Fusion 1™ provides not only 100,000 mg/L of ionic calcium, but also includes biologically appropriate levels of magnesium, strontium, boron, iron, manganese, and molybdenum.

Reef Fusion 2™ contains a mixture of carbonates and bicarbonates at an alkalinity of 4400 meq/L. It is designed to restore and maintain alkalinity in the reef aquarium and provide calcareous species with the essential carbonate needed for growth.

When used as directed, Reef Fusion 1™ and Reef Fusion 2™ will maintain the critical levels of calcium and alkalinity necessary for healthy coral growth, while providing biologically appropriate levels of other elements and trace minerals.

Check out their new 'salinity' salt mix too:
http://www.3reef.com/forums/salt/sea...nth-78095.html

Last edited by Matt Rogers; 12-09-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: this month
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #2
3reef Moderator

Skin: Classic
steve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond reputesteve wright has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 
protector 

gallery

I am already using Sea Chems reef advantage Calcium and Magnesium
plus reef builder for alkalinity

I will look out for these, and if I am lucky enough to find them, Ill trial them and post on here with comparison versus what Im using now

Steve
steve wright is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Astrea Snail

ayjay is on course

gallery

newb question here... how would you add these chems to a tank? would you use a doser or just add like a capful here and there and monitor levels? and should i be using them?

i haven't used any chems in my tank, have about 50 pounds live rock and some leathers, mushrooms & zoas. would these chems help anything i have and would i get more coraline algae growth with them?
ayjay is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Screwtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond reputeScrewtape has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjay View Post
newb question here... how would you add these chems to a tank? would you use a doser or just add like a capful here and there and monitor levels? and should i be using them?

i haven't used any chems in my tank, have about 50 pounds live rock and some leathers, mushrooms & zoas. would these chems help anything i have and would i get more coraline algae growth with them?
Depends on your consumption rate, you would need to test and find out how much each level drops in a day and then add the directed amount to correct for that loss every day or couple of days depending on how much it is.
It's impossible to say if it would help your tank without knowing what your current calcium/alkalinity/magnesium are at. As long as those are all at acceptable levels then adding these supplements will not do anything for you.
Here's a more in depth article for you if you like.
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-04/rhf/index.php

Also, I guess I'm still confused why people would choose to pay for these products when there are bulk options which are much cheaper. Assuming that these new products aren't significantly cheaper than the previous ones.
Screwtape is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Astrea Snail

ayjay is on course

gallery

awesome, thanks for the info screwtape! i'm gonna pick up some test kits this weekend to see what i got and then go from there. looks like i got some reading to do...
ayjay is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!

Tags
alk, alkalinity, calcium, fusion, seachem, supplements