Excellent Nitrate Media

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by chuckdee, Sep 27, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chuckdee

chuckdee Peppermint Shrimp

I just want to recommend Seachem's Matrix biomedia for nitrate removal. For about 6 months, I have been using plastic bioballs in the back of my Aquapod. Even with weekly water changes, minimal feeding, and keeping a light bioload, I could never get my nitrates under 5ppm. At one time, I took a reading of 10ppm. I noticed that many people use Seachem's de-nitrate. I checked it out, and noticed that Seachem recommends a flow rate of no more then 50gph. Anything higher, and they recommend Matrix. So I bought 1 liter (enough for 100 gallons) to try on my 35 gallon system (sometimes more is better). I've been using it for 3 weeks, and now my nitrates are at undetectable levels. What sold me on this product is when Seachem stated that 1 liter (the amount I used) is equivalent to 10 gallons of plastic bioballs. This was music to my ears since I am always pinching for space in my nano reef. All in all, I am very happy with this product, and recommend it 100%. For more info check out Seachem Laboratories: Innovative Pet and Aquarium Products . This stuff is hard to find. I bought it from petmountain.com for about $11.00 I think..

2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I may have to try this stuff .. thanks.