Watchman Goby

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by reefman_MC, Apr 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

Do you guys see any reason why a Watchman wouldn't get along with a Mandarine Goby?

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Both pod eaters and a Mandarin needs a mature 100 gallon tank to properly support. Maybe competition for food unless lots of territory.

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

My two "watchman's" show little interest in "pods" - they want big meaty stuff - Mysids, etc....I dont think they could eat "pod" even if they could see one - which I tend to doubt...they seem to hold out for the "big" stuff, letting smaller food particles float by, like maybe they have poor eyesight (?) :p

My "Mandarin" is a fat and happy little "sausage"...plenty of little crawly things for him to eat...a "gazillion" little shrimpy, "sand flea" creatures have shown up out of nowhere lately...only see out an active in dark...but sure lots of them about - look like they are eating algae..(are new for me) :-/

I just love those gobies... :D

But PLEASE give tank some time before introducing a Mandarin...so many stories about of them starving to death in undeveloped tanks...He is worth waiting a while for... ;)

OmarD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. reefman_MC

My tank is about 4 years aold and Ihave had the mandarine for 4 months now. Hes doing great. My watchman has already been ordered by the guy at the LFS. He'll be here tomorrow or thursday. Thanks

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Watchman's definitly have BIG mouths...as mine came pretty good sized...am just a tad worried bout my little blenny...Have noticed the watchman "eyeballing" him as he flits about...

Your Mandarin should be way to big for a Watchman to take after.

Enjoy,

OmarD

7. reefman_MC

Yeah, he's about 2 and a half in. long.

8. Click Here!

9. reefman_MC

Wanted to update everyone. I got a gold watchman. He's doing great.

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

11. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

i love watching my watchman goby. he loves to relocate hermit crabs. he picks them up in his mouth, swims a bit and then spits them out, its he funniest thing

12. szogun

szogun Feather Duster

Ok guys my sand shifting goby is digging under the rocks as ell as spiting the sand over some of mine zoanthidis. I also noticed the sand everywhere Is he going to do that all the time?