ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Bristle Worm

Skin: Mint
TMartinez is coolTMartinez is coolTMartinez is coolTMartinez is cool

gallery
Default Spitting Foxface

I have had a Foxface Lo for about 5 months now. Its been a really cool addition EXCEPT it comes to the surface of the tank and spits out water. It was funny at first but it causes a lot of salt build up on the glass/rim/stand, streaks on the glass and wet spots on my carpet. Has anyone else had this issue? Why would it do this? Any remedies?
TMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Giant Squid

Skin: Classic
RedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

Weird. Ive never seen or heard of a foxface doing so. However Ive seen triggers do it. I would more bank on it just being the fish itself vs an issue if all is well with its diet and weight and eating habits.
RedGambit is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Bristle Worm

gallery

remedies?

Only thing I can think of is to put a piece of acrylic over the top of the tank but I'm worried about lack of air movement and blocking of light
Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Giant Squid

Skin: Classic
RedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond reputeRedGambit has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartinez View Post
remedies?

Only thing I can think of is to put a piece of acrylic over the top of the tank but I'm worried about lack of air movement and blocking of light
You could do that but leave a larger opening in it? Sorta like a larger ledge inwards over the tanks water. Probalby giving less spillage. Or a canopy lol.
RedGambit is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Giant Squid

cosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

put it in time out, make an acrylic edge extender to go around and above the tank not on it, or get rid of the fish
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
3reef Moderator

Corailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond reputeCorailline has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

I have had puffers do this, it meant feed me.
Corailline is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
Bristle Worm

gallery

a hood may or may not help. He gets some decent distance when he spits and at the same point water could still run down the gap between tank top and hood.

I was thinking maybe a big [ shaped thing that goes in about 2 inches on the front and sides

Click Here!