Randall's Goby and Bicolor Blenny ?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by MDeth, May 21, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

We've decided the false perc is going back to the LFS. Now this leaves us with a Randall's goby, fire shrimp and cleaner shrimp.

Will a bicolor blenny generally get along with small bottom dwelling gobies in a 27.7gallon?

And, this should be under inverts, but has anybody housed a candy pistol with cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp?

Anybody have any suggestions for fish other than these two? This is the 20x20x16 tank.

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

My experience is that a bicolor will get along with anything. (with exception of another blenny) --- they wind up squabbling for the same holes to sit and peek out of.

Is a wonderful fish. Has much character and is just fun to watch...

Get one.

1 person likes this.
  4. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I have had no issues with the pistol shrimp and the other shrimp however in such a small space i'm not sure how it will work out. As far as the goby I see no issues at all. I have not seen a bicolor blenny share the same burro as a pistol shrimp as in my experience they like to live in the rock about mid depth. I think it would be a good addition.

1 person likes this.
  5. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

Awesome :)

Thanks for the quick replys.

6. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

I just added a blenny last week. fun to watch!
    what are people feeding their blenny? just trying to get a feel for a possible mixed diet

7. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Mine eat everything. Brine shrimp. Mysis shrimp. Blended algae sheets. If you put a drop of garlic extract most can't resist :)

8. Click Here!

9. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

yeah, they dont seem to picky.. mine has been eating mysis pretty well, I put a couple of small pieces of seaweed, but it usually floats away and he doesnt get any.