ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Giant Squid

Skin: Mint
Puffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default Is it possible to have two wrasses in the same tank

I'm getting the red velvet fairy wrasse which is known to be one of the more docile wrasses. I have room for one more fish in my tank and i was thinking about possibly another docile wrasse. The other fish are pair of clowns, firefish, and bangaii cardinal.

Do you think two wrasses could get along in a 3 foot tank?
Puffer Chick is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Blue Ringed Angel

Skin: Classic
drew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond reputedrew3 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

you can but they may fight or they may not its kinda luck of the draw you might want to aire on the safe side and get a different kind of fish maybe like a dwarf angel or chromis or something
drew3 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Giant Squid

Puffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond reputePuffer Chick has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew3 View Post
you can but they may fight or they may not its kinda luck of the draw you might want to aire on the safe side and get a different kind of fish maybe like a dwarf angel or chromis or something
i was thinking about the bicolor angel but their semi-aggressive and may pick at corals, i was also thinking about a small school of chromis like 3, but not sure if that would be to much
Old 11-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Giant Squid

Skin: Classic
GuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

Depends, the fairy and flasher wrasses are rather docile. I had a McCosker's Flasher wrasse, great looking fish, but it was very docile and subservient. I had it with a six line. There weren't real bully problems, but it was very docile and not very active b/c of it. After a few months it jumped, then a few months after that, my six line jumped. If you get one, I think you will encounter problems in that sized tank. Also, you will need something smaller than egg crate to keep them in.
GuitarMan89 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
Giant Squid

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMan89 View Post
Depends, the fairy and flasher wrasses are rather docile. I had a McCosker's Flasher wrasse, great looking fish, but it was very docile and subservient. I had it with a six line. There weren't real bully problems, but it was very docile and not very active b/c of it. After a few months it jumped, then a few months after that, my six line jumped. If you get one, I think you will encounter problems in that sized tank. Also, you will need something smaller than egg crate to keep them in.
the McCosker is a nice wrasse, do you think with both wrasses being docile there shouldn't be a problem? and as far as jumping, i'm not worried, i have an egg crate lid with two layers of screen door on it, one on the bottom and one on top, it's already been tested by my firefish and it worked, he's jumped a few times but hit the screen door and stopped him from getting out
Old 11-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Giant Squid

horkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Most wrasses are pretty docile. That red velvet won't give any problems if you want another wrasse. A mccosker's flasher is a great choice.
horkn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
Giant Squid

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by horkn View Post
Most wrasses are pretty docile. That red velvet won't give any problems if you want another wrasse. A mccosker's flasher is a great choice.
i'm thinking if i add the mccosker it will be better on the bioload than 3 chromis, and i think i will have plenty of movement between both wrasse's
Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
Plankton

Ruby2 has much to be proud ofRuby2 has much to be proud ofRuby2 has much to be proud ofRuby2 has much to be proud ofRuby2 has much to be proud ofRuby2 has much to be proud ofRuby2 has much to be proud ofRuby2 has much to be proud of

gallery

What about adding a flasher/fairy wrasse into a 30 gallon that already houses a bimac hog?
Ruby2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
Giant Squid

horkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond reputehorkn has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffer Chick View Post
i'm thinking if i add the mccosker it will be better on the bioload than 3 chromis, and i think i will have plenty of movement between both wrasse's

I fully agree. Plus another wrasse will be much nicer to look at, and give more movement. Chromis tend to hang out in 1 area all day.
horkn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
Giant Squid

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by horkn View Post
I fully agree. Plus another wrasse will be much nicer to look at, and give more movement. Chromis tend to hang out in 1 area all day.
I tend to get stuck with lazy fish, my puffer *in a different tank*, my firefish, and my clowns so I'm really hoping the two wrasses will finally bring movement to the tank

Click Here!