My new shipment of fish that is coming tomorrow!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by aquariaman, Jun 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Hello,

I bought a lot of new things for my reef tank from liveaquaria.com. Here are the things that i bought. They are supose to come tomorrow morning and i am very excited!

Blue Linkia Starfish
    Royal Grama
    Scopas Tang
    Sailfin Tang
    Purple Tang
    2 Super Nassiarius Snails
    Sleeper Gold Head Goby

If you have had any experience with these creatures please tell me or give me tips about keeping them!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Nice selection there, What tank size is this going in? I have a purple and a sailfin (desjardini)

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Eh regardless Hopefully you ordered smaller sizes. generally around 2-4"...

As for the tangs the purple would make for the easiest transition with all those fish being the smallest from the start. They are great fish, the Purple Tang will be aggressive for the most part to new fish... so its a good thing you are doing all those tangs at once. Hopefully the tanks ready for them! They like to eat and poop alot!

Sailfins get hugeeeee .... Mine has grown about an inch in about a month! Great fish you will love them! Enjoy! Just remember feed lots of Nori/Seaweed!

5. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

^^^listen to the tang expert here lol
    i agree with the above said. how big is your tank?

6. aquariaman

Right now i have a 70 gallon tank and all the tangs i ordered are 2 inches. I have decited that when the tangs are too big to hold i will turn them into my LFS. I just want them as babies and when they get bigger i will give them away. Thanks so much! I have put a lot of thought into the selection. Tomorrow morning i am going to do a "fish food shopping spree" for the new arrivals. I hope that the fish arrive after because i don't want them sitting in the morning sun. What type of food do you suggest for them with the seaweed?

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

nori, formula two, some meaty stuff like mysis, maybe cyclopeeze, and maybe formula one

8. Click Here!

9. aquariaman

I was going to feed my starfish clam meat?? Is that ok??

10. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

linkias only eat bacteria so the only chance of it surviving is if it has a very established stable tank that has a strong and healthy bacteria population.

only like 2% of them survive in tanks under 1 year

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I suggest you get rid of (at least two of) them very quickly. There's going to need to be way too much food put into the tank to sustain these three tangs for your water quality to not take a decently-to-large hit.

If you don't add enough nutrients yourself, there's going to be problems when the tangs don't have enough to graze on in the tank.

Not only that, you're putting in 3 Zebrasoma (genus) tangs in the same tank considered decently undersized for any single one of them. That's asking for trouble, as tangs with the same body shape and from the same genus are very likely to be hostile to one another.

So, there's 3 reasons you shouldn't keep tangs in too small of a tank, and you pretty much are going to hit all 3, head on. Territorially, and nutritionally the tangs will have problems, and the water quality will suffer.

I'm kinda shocked anyone is coming here with future tang issues after that incident like a day ago, to be honest.

Oh, and the Linckia starfish tend to have a poor survival rate. We don't know what exactly they really eat, so it's hard to make sure they're fed long term.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  12. stoney waters

stoney waters Fire Shrimp

yea many ppl i talk to have no luck with them mabe 1month at the most