livestock help for 90

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Sataly, Apr 24, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

So finally ready to bigger from a 20 to a 90. ;D now comes the fun part. For starters I'd like to note that I do currently have 3 fish I will be moving from the 20 to the 90 of which are; 1 pygmy pink stripe wrasse, 1 tail spot blenny and 1 orange stripe goby with a tiger pistol. What I'm wanting is at least 1 tang, a trio of shoaling fish and maybe a few small guys here and there. Oh and maybe a pipefish way later down the road. I'm wanting to do a mixed reef so I don't want angels. Ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

you'd need to stay on the smaller side with tangs. I would say look at kole, tomini, or a small yellow tang. I feel like I'm kind of redundant on this one but I love my flamehawk and midas blenny. As far as schooling fish, many go with some sort of reef chromis but 3 will become 1 eventually so I suggest you go with a higher number like 5. I can't remember who had some really uniquely colored reef chromis that were beautiful - I'll try and remember and post back. What about the infamous clowns?

Edit: it's special juice that is the member with the cool chromis - he calls them his "blue man group"

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  4. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I saw an orange stripe bristle tooth tang the other day at my lfs and did a but of reading. Some say max is 70-90 others say 100 minimum. This was kinda frustrating.

Hmmm ill await to see what you come up with. Always wanted to see schooling fish in my own room lol

The whole clown thing is meh. Always had bad luck with them so I never bothered with them since the last time.

5. QuackAddict

QuackAddict Astrea Snail

Someone on this forum had longspine cardinalfish shoaling group of like 8, it was like a 300g cube with a ton of corals, it was sweet. I'm not sure how they would do in a lesser group though