Finally, The clown found the anemone

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Birchell, Sep 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well after about a month my clown found the green BTA!! It's not staying in it, but I saw it looking at it really close all night, then it just darted into the anemone. It mite be a few more weeks before the clown wants to stay, but at least I know im getting somewhere :).

Any luck on ID'ing my clown?? The more I look at it, the more it changes. The ridge around the fins are a real thick black now. The body is getting darker, so it is really hard to see the black lines on the body. Is it normal for a clown to get white pigment in the tips of the fins?? I hope to ID my little buddy so I can get a pair. Thanks for looking,

birchell

PS: I know, my camera sucks!!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. acenia

acenia Spaghetti Worm

your clown looks like a true percula to me!

4. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

It's an oscellaris. ;D

5. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
  6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

It sometimes takes a good amount of time for clown's to acclimate to the new host anemone.. I have seen some dive right in then I have seen them take months If it noticed the anemone then over the next few days weeks you will see it getting closer nudging it as it build up its immunity to the anemone. I once took a old huge Maroon who had its host anemone of several yrs and rubbed it off with F/W on a cloth and put it back into the tank and it was a few weeks before he went back into it.. Back yrs ago I had read this or heard it someplace .. From my experience it was true..