Allardi and RBTA

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by lightningfront, Mar 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lightningfront

lightningfront Spaghetti Worm

After failing to coax my black ocellaris into my RBTA I was looking for a clown that would host my RBTA. I'm going to try and house both clown species for a while to see if they can co-exist, so far so good no agression yet. But the Allardi loves the RBTA.

Allardi Clownfish (Amphiprion allardi)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

thats a lovely clown. hows the rbta dealling with the larger fish?

4. ohara332

ohara332 Plankton

I have almost the exact scenario and mine are doing fine. I purchased a RBTA and a tomato clown together. LFS was selling them together since the clown was so fond of the RBTA. I have two black percs/ocellaris (not sure which, LFS said they were Percs but sold both of them to me for a total of $50 which is super cheap.) Either way, the tomato clown was a little aggressive at first and would nip at the percs when they would swim to close to the RBTA. After a week though they were doing fine. They all three swim together and the tomato even allows them to get within centimeters of the nem and he does not care. He probably wouldn't mind if they shared the nem, but the percs want nothing to do with it. The percs do enter it from time to time to steal food that I feed it and even then the tomato clown does not care. He will actually join in with them and steal food as well. I have had all three together for 2-3 months now and no damage to any fish and my tank is only 30 gal. It's hit or miss if they will get along, I just got lucky. Here is a pic of them hovering around a white BTA that I have in the tank as well.

Attached Files: