VegasFish's 65 gal. aquarium

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by vegasfish, Mar 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Well, as I have told some of you in the threads I posted in the past I have ordered a 65 Gallon acrylic tank and a custom built stand. I have also purchased a wet / dry filtration system, protein skimmer, and several other parts that I will list later. I am going to purchase cured Fiji live rock from the LFS along with live sand. I plan on waiting a month or so before I add any soft coral or fish to the tank.

It is a good thing that every one on 3reef.com and all the books I have read told me to go SLOW because I was told yesterday by the LFS that the person building my stand has pneumonia and is in the hospital. Thus delaying my new hobby a few weeks. I know everyone loves to see pictures on this site so in the time being enjoy the picture of my kid’s bathroom fish aquarium. ;D

kidsbathroom.JPG

And yes I painted that with a few stencils. What us parents will do for our kids. I will update with pictures of the new tanks when it shows up.

2. Click Here!

3. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

haha niiiice that sucks about the guy making your tank though, keep us posted!

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Looking forward to seeing it all cometogether...(as I am sure you are! ;))

Keep us posted!

5. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

Bummer for the stand maker , but double bummer for you :) have to wait even longer now lol!!!

6. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

WOW, nice bathroom ;)

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I love that bathroom!!

8. Click Here!

9. chuckdee

chuckdee Peppermint Shrimp

Hey Vegasfish, do you live in Las Vegas?? If so, I can recommend the LFS's you might want to check out before making purchases..

10. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Yes I live in Henderson. I have been to several of the LFS which one do you recommend?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  11. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

12. chuckdee

chuckdee Peppermint Shrimp

In Henderson, I would check out Green Valley Aquariums at Gibson & 215. Before you buy your live rock, go check out their Florida Aquacultured Live Rock. It looks sooo much better then the Fiji Rock the rest of the LFS's in town have. I'll post a pic when I get home I'm at work right now ):