Red Sea Max 250 !!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by 71sbeetle, Mar 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

Just got it last week
    It has:
    * about 50-55lbs of Live Rock
    * 85 lbs of Live Sand (60lbs of reef sand, 20lbs of bimini pink and 5 lbs from my previous tank)
    * Bubble Tip Anemone (Green)
    * Maroon Goldstripe Clownfish (Nemo .... yeah I know, very original huh !)
    * Red Favia
    * Colt Coral
    * Frogspawn
    * 2 nano Corals
    * 12 blue legged hermits
    * 2 trochus snails
    * 3 Mexican turbo snails
    * Orange colored Fungia
    * 4 Emerald crabs
    * Pulsing Xenia
    * Green Mushroom
    * 3 clams (came on the LR)
    * Sea urchin
    * Green Brain

I think that's it :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

oh man your in trouble. what the hell were you thinking?

4. medhatreefguy

medhatreefguy Fire Worm

Love the tank. Seems pretty quick, unless Red Sea is making time machines now.

5. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

i take it this isnt a brand new setup correct??? Or all that rock is going to cycle and you will most definatelly lose each piece of live stock and coral.... Please include more information :)

1 person likes this.
  6. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

the LR was already cured yes, moved most of that stuff from my old tank :)

7. medhatreefguy

medhatreefguy Fire Worm

I really do love those tanks. I have a 34 Gal RSM and I absolutely love it. A lot of people are on the fence with the all in one tanks but I thing Red Sea has hit the nail on the head. I would have waited a while before adding those beautiful corals, I would especially keep an eye on that anemone. Very nice photography by the way.

8. Click Here!

9. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

I love those tanks also, I have been checking them out since day one when they were announced.Looks awesome. very nice corals and fish.
    with that said I wouldn't have moved stuff over so quickly and I hope everything makes it.
    good luck!

1 person likes this.
  10. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

Thanks !
    What should I be looking for though ? I've had the old tank setup for about 6 months, and basically switch over from the old one to the new one (didn't really have a choice I needed to move the stuff overnight no more old tank ...) I've been testing the water twice a day since, it's all good (pH is 8.2, ammonia is 0, calcium 420, water temp between 78.2 and 79.8 ) the only one that is still "high" is the nitrite at 0.3mg/l.
    I did add a dose of seachem prime, it did lower the nitrite a bit but not that much. I also did one water change (20%) which helped a little.
    When I went to my LFS they told me to add a bottle of Instant Ocean Bio-Spira in the tank just in case, so I did.
    Anemone looks good, so does everything else. I do the strontium/calcium/iodine supplements, I also have special food for the corals, some for the anemone and of course for the fish, what else should I be keeping an eye out for ?

11. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

what kind of water did you use?
    right know I would be watching the nitrite, nitrate(if any yet), and ammonia these are your basics to watch while your cycling. they usually fluctuate while cycling.
    also because you do have corals in there I would be watching the mag, cal and dkh also. it may be less stressful for the corals if you can keep those in check while cycling.

12. medhatreefguy

medhatreefguy Fire Worm

The big thing right now is fluctuations in the params, the anemone is most susceptible but a significant spike (which always occurs while you are away) could clean you out entirely. Since you don't have your old tank you'll just have to watch very closely and hopefully you have a friend or very generous LFS owner who could help you out if you need to clean that tank out in a hurry.