Nightstick's 75g rework and frag tank build!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Nightstick, Mar 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

Ok this has been in the works for weeks, scratch that months. My newborn son and wife have been laughing at me for all the wasted breath I have used telling them that its gonna get done this weekend or that weekend. Well I will show them. I have five hour till they get home so I thought I would surprise them.
    My display tank needs to be re-aquascaped due to poor flow areas and lame rock wall design that I though was cool at the time. I have to rearrange powerheads, and or yeah today it the day I remove my pain in the ass damsels that have kill many fish! I may start another thread just for funeral, J/K!
    As for the frag tank I have this...

Agrimaster Poly - Tuf Structural Foam Stock Tank (60 Gallon) at Blain's Farm & Fleet

I am going to be pressed for time trying to keep up the thread and take/post pics but I will do my best! I have to assemble my MH/w t5's fixture allow with new filtration, reactor and frag racks. Ready or not here we go...

2. Click Here!

3. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

Good luck and gods speed lol

4. Nightstick

oh boy!

Here is the mess that I have already made, lets hope I have everything I need...

Attached Files:

5. Nightstick

Wow almost had a disaster, the tub has a valve with a cork/synthetic plug in the front that had a slow leak! A little swearing and two vise grips later I think I tightened it enough to stop the leak. Only time will tell?

Attached Files:

6. Nightstick

Moving right along....

Man, I should have spread this our over a few days, I just completed my MH & T5 build. I only sustained one cut from the sharp ass reflector. I am sure this will affect me sticking my hand in my tank later today.
    Well its 2pm here in chicago and my actinics just turned on in my display tank. I wanted to get to my corals before they opened up but hey I am doing the best I can.

Attached Files:

7. Nightstick

Base rock is in...

Ok, I pre-rinsed my base rock and placed it into my frag tank. If anyone is interested I got it from a fellow 3 reefer "Sollie7" at a great price. The pieces have character too! Now I think its time to aquascape my display tank. Wish me luck, we all know how frustrating this can be once you move things they never go back the same way.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Nightstick

wow I didn't realize I have so many corals, this is taking forever!

10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

looking forward to the long post with coral pictures then Nightstick
    when its all set up and ready

Steve

11. Nightstick

Steve, this is a pain in the you know what. I need a second set of hands. One good thing is I found a frag of AOG zoo's that had fallen behind a rock!

12. Nightstick

More buckets please...

I am running out of room, this is ridiculous! I still have to rearrange my rocks, Looks like its gonna be a late night...:angry:

Attached Files: