New 37T bow front tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Infantry1327, Aug 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

So my cousin had this really nice 37T tank that he was using for fresh water but decided he didn't want it any more. So he gave it to me. I cleaned it out. (It was pretty discusting) Hooked up my fluval 304 and disasembled the 20G tank I was cycleing for a mantis tank. I bought a 400 Watt Metal halide/PC combo from a guy off craigs list for $75 and she is starting to cycle. The sand and 95% of the rock has been curring for the last 3 weeks, but I just added 2 additional pieces so its time to start over. I am thinking about makeing it a Lion fish tank. I have always loved lion fish but never had a tall tank. I am thinking about a Radiata Lionfish or a Antenneta Lion. Do you guys think my tank is big enough? I will eventually add a CPR Bak Pak skimmer to the mix as well. I have been reading a bit about lions since I started this tank 2 days ago and for those 2 species 30G is the minimum reccomended size. But can I add coral to the tank as well. I know they have a tendency to knock coral over so I would defenetly glue it down. But will they eat it?

So hear is the tank. I took these pics with my cell since I lost the battery to my camera. It looks alot bluer in the pics than in person. And the rocks are really white with some red.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Looks good! 400W Mh for a 30G???? WOW................How deep is the tank? Im not to crazy about a Lion in a 30g tank, but like you said, most can be in a 30g. Good luck.

Luna

4. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

hahaha, yea the metal halide is a bit excessive, but it was $75. lol I plan on adding this light to the 150G tank I am evenetually going to build. But the tank is 24"s deep