my 55 gallon build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scooter-2505, Aug 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scooter-2505

scooter-2505 Fire Worm

i see these in wall aquariums all over tv and since i had to do a little remodel to the bedroom i thought might as well put the tank in the wall. wife didn't know about it at first but after seeing it loves it and actually admitted she liked it. it's pretty simple with the basic equip. i had but i will upgrade with a sump later on so i can hide all the equip. from tank. roughly 40 pounds of live rock wanted to keep things open and simple because i like to see the fish swim too. hopefully i can get some good guidance from here because there is some awesome tanks and people on here. here is some pics ihope you enjoy or at least don't laugh at them too hard.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Looks great, I love in-walls. And you posted pics on your first post.....your a good man;). Any way that I can get you to post some pics of the back room? BTW, welcome to 3reef.

[SCROLL]Luna;D[/SCROLL]

4. dpruitt7450

dpruitt7450 Bubble Tip Anemone

lookin good, yea lets see some back room pics!

5. scooter-2505

scooter-2505 Fire Worm

still in progress give me a week and i will post pics. my wife and i own a commercial building and a professional cabinet shops leases from us so i get all kinds of good scraps to build with. I was just reading a thread on a 200 gallon build and they made the comment that only 55ers look good in the wall and its nice to have peoples approval. anyw ay planning to upgrade to a hob overflow with sump and maybe later upgrading the lights. right now vhos with lunar lights, an emporer 400, and a not so good prizm. Im really interested in the new cpr skimmer coming out and t5 lighting. i want to stock it good but not overcrowd it. this will all be a learning experience.

6. dpruitt7450

i have t5s and i love them... once i put the t5s in everything started growing and looking a million times better!

7. dirtydavenkc

dirtydavenkc Purple Spiny Lobster

good start. lot of opportunities.

8. Click Here!

9. scooter-2505

scooter-2505 Fire Worm

basically right now with everything being hang on stuff the back is a bare cabinet frame. but just to keep the mrs happy i'll stay on it and get it done.

10. scooter-2505

scooter-2505 Fire Worm

hey dpruitt is that 10g sump working good for you because i am undecided on sump size and the return pump. also what kinda skimmer you run?

11. dpruitt7450

yea the sump hasnt given me any problems and im rinning a 65g super skimmer

12. gfunk823

gfunk823 Coral Banded Shrimp

very cool keep posting pics as you go along.. please i love in wall tanks