Ky's Nuvo 30 Build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by kstafford003, Jan 13, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Equipment, livestock, filtration updated 1-7-15

Equipment (so far):
    Innovative Marine Nuvo 30 (white)
    IM Fuge Basket
    Cheap fuge light
    Skimz Monzter SH1
    CPR Nano tumbler reactor
    AquaSmart ATO
    Razor Nano LED fixture
    Jabeo WP-10
    Jabeo DP-4 Dosing Pump
    Apex Jr.
    -Temperature probe

Livestock:
    Tiger Pistol Shrimp
    Hammer, Frogspawn, Torch
    Palys
    Zoas
    Rhodactis Mushrooms
    Acans
    Blastos
    Favia
    Favite
    Monti Setosa
    Encrusting Monti

Filtration:
    Skimmer running 24/7
    Reactor running carbon
    Fuge basket containing chaeto and filter floss
    Fuge light running 12 hours/day

Hello all. I have been out of the hobby for a couple years due to a move and life, but now I'm jumping back in. I purchased an Innovative Marine Nuvo 30 off CL and I can't wait for this thing to get started. There are a couple impressive Nuvo tank builds here on 3reef and I hope mine can join the ranks.

I'm thinking of stocking this thing with a pair of clowns for fish and bunches of LPS, a clam, zoanthids and possibly a few SPS frags later on for corals.

Skimmer, spin stream and fuge basket have already arrived. Rock from Reef Cleaners, stand, DI filter and test kit on the way.

The plan is to go ahead and set the tank up and get it cycling then purchase the lights and ATO. After adding corals I'll figure out what to do with dosing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I love the looks of these tanks. Curious to see how the white back round looks when the tank is completely filled and scaped. I am also curious to see how the skimmer preforms.

4. kstafford003

Me too :)

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

welcome back, looks like you have a great start up

6. Tcox807

Tcox807 Spaghetti Worm

That skimmer doesn't preform as good as it should. It's under powered.[​IMG]

7. kstafford003

Thanks oldfishkeeper.

tcox807 nice looking set up. What kind of light is that?

Checked Marine Depot tracking and it looks like the stand is waiting at the door for me to come home to! I hope I get to play with the tank a little tonight.

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

10. kstafford003

I got home yesterday and there was no box waiting at the door for me :(

Then while we were eating dinner the delivery came!

The stand, DI filter and a few misc items were included. Marine Depot even threw in a free t-shirt :) I almost put it on before working on the tank but I was worried my wife would think I'm a total nerd.

So last night I was able to get the stand built and placed. Checked the stand for level and it was perfect. I was also able to get the tank cleaned out, cut the back vinyl for the fuge and placed on the stand. Then started installing the skimmer, fuge basket and heater.

I'm not sure if the ATO float witches are going to work once I try to instal the light. Hopefully I can find somewhere else to put them. Or I may have to fork out some more money and buy a real ATO system.

Attached Files:

11. BrianJ

BrianJ Peppermint Shrimp

Welcome to the Nuvo club! will be tagging along. Careful when filling, my first one cracked after filling and it was a nice flood. Love the tank though will tag along :) You can clip a fuge light on the back and turn the top filter tray into a fuge. Mine has chaeto in it.

12. kstafford003

So far thats the plan. I cut the back vinyl off on one side and the light on the upper right hand corner of the tank will get stuck to the back of the tank. Does your chaeto grow well back there?