Kristi's 75 Gallon Reef Tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Kristiavi, Sep 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

Yesterday my husband and I upgraded our 36 gallon tank to a Drilled 75 gallon. We are enjoying the 75 so much more, even though switching tanks over was a pain in the ass, and we made a huge mess! But now that its done we can just sit back and enjoy it. I know we need more rock, but we are getting a good start. This tank is drilled and I cant ever imagine going back to a overflow box and all the hassle, its so easy with it being drilled. Here are a few pictures and I will continue to post as things grow and change.

New Tank
    [​IMG]

Adding water and sand
    [​IMG]

Final Aquascape
    [​IMG]

Mushrooms under actinic light
    [​IMG]

Polyps under actinic lights
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Congrats it looks good

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats on the upgrade, great start on the scape, looks very good.

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Astrea Snail

Nice! I cant wait to get my 75 going. Also, nice bar stools! I've got the same ones at my bar.

6. Kristiavi

Thanks! Funny story about them. I got them from Bed Bath and Beyond and paid 30 bucks for all 3 stools because they were missing screws to put them together. I bought them thinking I could just go to lowes to buy the screws. I get them home and flip them over and find all the screws in a bag taped to the bottoms of the chairs =]

7. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

Nice tank! I like the stand too! Plans for new stock? That was the first thing I did when i upgraded, I went out and got some big fish for the big tank

8. Click Here!

9. Myocyte

Myocyte Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Congrats on the beautiful tank. I'm gonna subscribe and follow, but you better post lots of pics. :)

10. Kristiavi

We have been looking at all our options, I cant believe how many more fish i can choose from. I really want a yellow tang, I love the bright yellow color. My husband wants a trigger. Were gonna wait a couple weeks until this mini cycle is over. Cant wait though!

11. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

I was semi-lucky cause I bought my 90g already up and running. I say semi cause then i ran into the issue of his non-maintenance. First fish I got was a blue tang, my wife had been wanting one of those since i got into saltwater. then I added the yellow tang. Its just such a reef staple! And then yesterday i got a Foxface Lo.

I'd be careful with the triggers as they aren't entirely reef safe. There are some better than others but I also believe they are prone to pick on crustaceans like your clean up crew

12. geodehunter

geodehunter Plankton

Congrats on the new tank. Now you can kick back and enjoy it. :beer: