KAS/OTTY 210G Aquarium Set-Up

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Kas, Jul 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kas

Kas Bristle Worm

OK! Here we go! I've been getting ready for this moment for months! Scott is going to try to make the ride over to plumb my 210 this weekend. Meanwhile, I've been shopping! I bought the tank, stand and most of the equipment used. Scott ordered new bulbs, bulkheads, calcium reactor, sand and a few other goodies. Here's the first of many pictures to come. Hey Scott....do I need any other PVC fittings? I also picked up 1" and 3/4" rigid tubing and 20' of flex tubing. I plan to build a PVC frame for my cooked live rock that will be in the shape of an arch (or two) and the cycled rock will go around the base of the frame. Does anyone have a few pics of the how-to's of doing this? I'd like to drill the rock and hang them with plastic ties to the frame. Alright, alright, here's the pics.....not very interesting but hey, we're just getting started! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Thread moved to "Show Off Your Fishtanks" forum.

The pics aren't showing up for me :(

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

5. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

I'll get them working for you.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kas

Kas Bristle Worm

Thanks..................:-[

7. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

i also used pvc frame to mount rocks in a arch, i used heavy duty zip ties to secure rocks on to the frame, just stick em threw the holes in the lr. i was very selective with my rock, hand picking all the right sizes and shapes i need ed. since i think you said your rocks are dry, it will be alot easier since you can just drill the holes as you need. and get them all drilled and goin a just zip em in place.

on the side view pic you can see the pvc running up the back1/2" no rocks touch the glass the entire length. and not much rest on the sand ither.

i will never go threw the hassle and worry of free stacking rocks again.

im still adding rocks in certian places to try and make it more natural.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Kas

Kas Bristle Worm

Sweet! What size diameter PVC tubing did you use? Is there a large/wide PVC "base" under your sand? Thanks for the pics....gives me a visual to work with. :thumbs_up

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

:eek::eek: Wow looks like it is going to be quite an engineering exercise.

Post up pics when all done.

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Oh yeah!! Build thread. Post pics of everything, no pic is too inconsequential.

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Kas you need one more valve like you have and another one that is just a slip on for the fuge flow. Also don't forget the fitting for the pumps threads to 1" slip or 3/4" which ever the size of the pumps outlet is. We can run and get those first thing or you can try and pick them up. As long as it doesn't rain then we should be ready for water sunday evening. :)