Dr Frag's T5 lit 180

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Dr.Fragenstein, Dec 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Hey everybody! I figured it was time to post some pics of my tank....
    I'd like to go a little background before the pics start flying.
    In the 6 or so years I've kept meerwasser tanks I have either setup, moved, rearranged or combined tanks 13 times and I might be missing a couple. The most marine tanks I've had at once was 3, now sadly I am down to one but believe it or not it was MY choice and NOT the wifes!;D
    Keeping in line w/ the 13 tanks I have never really had time to either A. Plan a tank build and get excited about it, or B. Take any pics of the build/transfers progress.
    For all of you that say "what do you mean you were in a rush?"
    Two examples(I'll keep them short;))
    When I got my 125, I traded my 55 gal tank for it. Long story, guy wanted to downsize... So all in ONE day I brought the 55 to his house, drained and tansferred his 125 DRILLED which had a 29gal fuge and 30 gal sump, into the 55. I then lugged the 125 to MY house, drained my 75 and 29 gallon tanks, put everything from the 29 into the 75, put the 125 where the 75 was and transferred all that was in the 75 into the 125. Whew, and had to replumb the tank. Let me tell you, that was a long wet day.
    The 180 was almost as bad, and I actually did this, the 9 of November.
    I had to drain 75 gal tank, bag everything up, out liverock in bins and so on. I then had to take EVERYTHING out of the 180, rock fish and so on, put sand and rock from 75 into the 180 then fish. Doesn't seem like much put while I was doing all this I had to remove the fuge from my 75, DRILL two holes into my 29 to make the new fuge for the 180 AND watch 2 kids!!!
    Out of all the tanks I have set up I only liked the rock work on 3 of them, and the third was this 180, until I RUINED it. I had it the way I wanted, three small islands that had lots of room for coral placement, I said perfect. Then the guy that was helping says, uh, you have like 100 more pounds of rock. So I added more to the DT, put like 30 into the fuge and gave him the rest.
    Anyway enough of the stories, I will get to the good part and post a few pics of this new infant system.

Thanks for reading!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Your tank looks good. ::) Wait a minute, no pics yet. ;D

1 person likes this.
  4. Dr.Fragenstein

I know... I am trying to load up some pics but for whatever reason my computer isn't reading my camera. I will keep trying!! Don't worry I'll get there!

5. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

You had better figure it out soon least Luna give you a ticket for unlawful teasing! Cant wait to see it.

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Think you forgot something. :-/ I'm calling Luna and having him issue a warrant for your arrest. No pics is against the law. ;)

7. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

LMAO........

Wears t he pics DOC

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

How about some pictures???????

10. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

Any time now...................... LOL :)
    LG

11. Dr.Fragenstein

Ok, awfull pics, I'm at my moms house as my computer still isn't reading my camera. But let the picture posting begin!!

[​IMG]
    Heres a dawn/dusk pic.....

[​IMG]
    Heres all the lights on....

[​IMG]
    Heres a side view of the lights for all you that haven't seen them...

12. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Is that a U-tube style overflow?