bluephish pics before it all go's to hel!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BluePhish, Jul 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

well i recently discovered bryopsis has gained entry into my tank, and seems from the way it spreads and other peoples horror stories i dont have long befor my tank looks like crap, and possibly get tore down and bleached. so i figured i take as many pics as i can befor it go's to a green hairy hell.

first set of pics was taken early this morning. most are actinic pics, under t5 uri bulbs. sorry they are dark had to dim my camera to keep the green from looking washed. i did no messing with the pics just dimmed the camera.

ill have more coming soon,!
    next batch will be of better quality i promise
    FYI ill be making a bryopsis thread soon as i search for a cure besides pulling rock, so please give me some input when i start it up.

Slideshow of pre-hell - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. chase19

chase19 Feather Duster

great pics why are they green?

4. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

aawww dude! why are you doing that? can't you just get like 5 mexican turbo's? you be amazed how them critters work, I wish I could get more! I have 1 on my 55g. and he works over time, you have a sweet looking tank man, try something else before you go all out!
    karma to you!

5. gythwulf

gythwulf Feather Duster

Mexican turbos? But I heard nothing eats bryopsis.

6. BluePhish

they are green because they really are green. the pics turned alil on the green side cause my camera settings, was taken with flash off, to get the way it looks as if you were viewing it in life with actinics on. there is greenish tint to some of the pics but the corals really do glow that bright under the actinics.

turbos i got some they cant keep up , and what they do eat they just poop out undigested spore's to regrow again.

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Sweet pics. Good luck...

8. Click Here!

9. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Rock or black urchins.... They will eat any algae you have in your tank including the coraline, but its a small price to pay to be rid of that crap! You can also help by gettiing a Phosreactor like the two little fishies one and running it 24/7.

10. BluePhish

hmm i heard something about royal urchins but i doubt they could be good for my lps corals, i can just picture it rolling over my torch and frogspawn.

can anyone tell me how i can tell if the stuff i have is growing or receding,

is there really no way to completly remove it with out bleaching the whole tank?:cry: every method seems more of a control not a cure. can this algae appear with no spores present. im having difficulty understanding if it is due to poor water quality, or if it was something that just grows if the spores are there even if water is good.

how can nutrient reduction not cure it it is just algae. damn

11. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Haven't bothered mine at all and I have all of the above plus a hammer and plate. they have moved a rock that I had just set on top but it was a small one so it did no damage. I wish I had thought to take some before photos.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

If you have turbo snails that are eating " bryopsis", chances are that what you have is not bryopsis as nothing but a few sea slugs eat the stuff due to its toxicity. If it is in fact bryopsis, are you going to try to boost your magnesium levels before you try something as drastic as a complete breakdown?