350 gal reef build hits yer two!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by klaberjd, Jun 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. klaberjd

klaberjd Fire Worm

Greetings everyone! Well I just hit the two year mark on my 350 gal reef system build in our dinning room and wanted to show what all I have gotten done. It started off when I bought a 180 gal tank and custom built the stand two years ago. Originally, I was just going to have a FOWLR tank but then got the reef bug and away we go. Since I didn’t have the built in overflows, I had to custom make two from pvc which flow down into the basement. In the basement I have a 50 gal stock tank. The stock tank then flows into a 75 gal that I converted into a refugium which I have stocked with chaeto and a few mangroves and also into a 100 gallon stock tank that contains my heaters and a SWC 300A skimmer. The water is then pumped back up by two little giant pumps and flow into two SCWD units and back into the tank. The whole setup is ~350 gallons of water. The tank itself has ~250 lbs of figi live rock. The fish I have are 2 large naso tangs (male is 10 in and the female is 8 inches), yellow tang, foxface, 2 percula clowns (which lay a big batch of eggs every 2 weeks on the dot), 2 skunk clowns, 2 tomato clowns, 2 yellow headed sleeper gobies, 1 bangaii cardinal, copper banded butterfly, and 5 green chromis. All fish have been in the tank for over a year and get along great. The corals consist mostly of softies and lps corals including a 10 in hammer and 40 headed trumpet. I recently bought a fully stocked 75 gal reef system off craigslist (got a steel for $500) and just loaded up my tank with all the corals and through the extra rock in my refugium and sumps. (If anyone needs a good 75 gal with overflow and metal halide fixture let me know……just bought it for the corals). Anyway, still got a way to go but just wanted to do my first build post. Hopefully more to come.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

Very nice! i like the red shrooms!

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Awesome setup! :) I really like your tank stand too. Whats it made of? Looks like a walnut stain?

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

That's a really good looking tank! Congratulations on the birthday!

6. klaberjd

klaberjd Fire Worm

here are pics of my basement setup...

Attached Files:

7. klaberjd

klaberjd Fire Worm

pics of the 75 gal refugium...

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. klaberjd

klaberjd Fire Worm

more tank pics...

Attached Files:

10. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

:drool:... lookin good. That really looks like a fun build!

11. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

the DIY aspect of this is incredible. very awesome dude.

12. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel