Hello, New Saltwater tank and loving it

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Moneypit, Mar 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Moneypit

Moneypit Astrea Snail

::)I am a complete newbie to saltwater aquariums and forums. I have always had fresh water setups, but saltwater always intrigued and intimidated me. My wife and I looked into it for over a year, we finally did it about 5 weeks ago. We got a 90gal and all the fixings. I am a notoriously impatient man who wants instant gratification so this has been a hard 5 weeks. We have accumulated 125 pounds of cured live rock, an Atlantic anemone and many other fish and invertebrates. I must say I am fully addicted and feel like a kid on my birthday every time I: see my tank or reefs on tv, get a new catalog in the mail, or visit my LFS. (Like is said I am new to forums and will try to get the lingo down).
    I read many threads here as a guest and look forward to soaking up all the collective knowledge out there. Maybe some day I will be able to help someone.
    JD from Maine

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

All you need to remember is to go SLOW.......... and you should be okay ;)

Welcome to 3reef!

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Welcome to 3Reef>>>>> You'll have to learn how to post pics or luna will get grumpy......

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yes. Way too early for an anemone and 'many other fish.'
    That said, large tank is the way to go.
    You need patience in this hobby. This could change your life. :)

Do you have a skimmer?

Welcome to 3reef!

6. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I had a bta in my tank when it was only a few months old.. Needless to say it ended up a ball of slime..... Matt nailed that on the head...

7. Moneypit

Moneypit Astrea Snail

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

you'll know soon enough. He'll start demanding pictures.... LOL!!!! Just kidding, he's a fellow 3Reefer!!!!!

10. daveb51879

daveb51879 Plankton

what do i need for 45 gallon tall 36x12x24 as far as filter n light is a marineland 400 good and is a power compact good for this tank i plan to have 2or3 fish LR and soft coral

11. Moneypit

Moneypit Astrea Snail

I do have a skimmer, canister filter, 2 jets, 3” live sand, 520w Orbit extreme compact Florescent to name a few hardware items. And I installed a UV light last night at my LFS recommendations.

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Someone said my name???? HERE I am:cheesy: PICS??? someone said PICs........where......I dont see any. That baugherb always setting off the pic alarm. Welcome aboard Moneypit, you sure picked the right name for this hobby, thats for sure. Im just like you when it comes to patience and like Matt said, it changed my life, for sure. Luna
    BTW.......got any pics?