ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 02:48 AM
Purple Spiny Lobster

Skin: Mint
bluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default Skimmer stopped making bubbles

At first I thought it was a decrease but upon further inspection I have noticed that my Coralife 220 has completely stopped producing bubbles. The pump still works because water is flowing but the micro bubbles are gone. What do I do and how do I do it?
bluetang08 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Bristle Worm

piezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond reputepiezopaul has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I'm not familiar with your skimmer, but if the water is flowing and its not making bubbles, something in the air pathway is clogged. Try taking the air tubing off and clearing it, If that doesn't work the clog might be in the venturi. Try to take that off and clean it. Good luck!!- Paul
piezopaul is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-06-2010, 04:43 AM   #3
Purple Spiny Lobster

bluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond reputebluetang08 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by piezopaul View Post
I'm not familiar with your skimmer, but if the water is flowing and its not making bubbles, something in the air pathway is clogged. Try taking the air tubing off and clearing it, If that doesn't work the clog might be in the venturi. Try to take that off and clean it. Good luck!!- Paul
Yeah I already cleared the airline thats not it, how do I service the venturi?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
Fire Shrimp

montecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetang08 View Post
Yeah I already cleared the airline thats not it, how do I service the venturi?
Submerge into vinegar solution. Also try blowing into it. Make sure your pump valve is open 100% and your pump intake in clean. I had a 65 version of your skimmer it would do it sometimes...
montecarloz38 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
Purple Spiny Lobster

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarloz38 View Post
Submerge into vinegar solution. Also try blowing into it. Make sure your pump valve is open 100% and your pump intake in clean. I had a 65 version of your skimmer it would do it sometimes...
So I should submerge the entire pump into a vinegar solution or is there a way to take it apart?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
Fire Shrimp

montecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond reputemontecarloz38 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

1st. Your pump comes apart, there is a circle looking thing right after the intake spout. Take it off and clean inside.
2nd. Take the airhose off and make sure there is no salt build up and such. Blow though them.
3rd. The plastic thing that is attached to the airhouse (silencer) submerge it in vinager solution and blow though it as well to make sure no abstraction. Reconnect everything and turn on your skimmer. Give your airhouse a little blow to start microbubbles, it is needed sometimes.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #7
Peppermint Shrimp

pjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I have the same one and you can take apart the pump. real easy.
pjracer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
Purple Spiny Lobster

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjracer View Post
I have the same one and you can take apart the pump. real easy.
I guess Ill just have to look at it a little closer tonight I didnt see any easy way to take it apart but im prob just overlooking somethin
Old 08-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
Sailfin Tang

Skin: Classic
Pickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond reputePickupman66 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Hey, you never finished the other thread where I told you how to clean that out.
Those things are very easy to service. just pull the pump off. where the little airhose connects to the pump itself, pull off the hose and use a toothpick or even a cheap fork to poke that hole out. you should see it all crusted in. I took a fork and bent one of the tongs on it just for cleaning out that darn hole. It all comes apart and back together easy. just pull it out and you will see notches in the part that blows the water out. twist it to line them up and it will come right off so you can service the Impeller.

In my years, If you service your equip on a regular basis, you rarely have issues. Its easy fix man. you can do it.
Pickupman66 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
Fire Shrimp

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickupman66 View Post
Hey, you never finished the other thread where I told you how to clean that out.
Those things are very easy to service. just pull the pump off. where the little airhose connects to the pump itself, pull off the hose and use a toothpick or even a cheap fork to poke that hole out. you should see it all crusted in. I took a fork and bent one of the tongs on it just for cleaning out that darn hole. It all comes apart and back together easy. just pull it out and you will see notches in the part that blows the water out. twist it to line them up and it will come right off so you can service the Impeller.

In my years, If you service your equip on a regular basis, you rarely have issues. Its easy fix man. you can do it.
+1 on that. Regular maintenance will keep your pumps, skimmers, powerheads, etc working for years and years.

Click Here!