ATI PowerCone - More Pics and Data Sheet

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Per request, here are some more ATI PowerCone pics and a data sheet with more dimensions. I was anxious to see the PowerCone up close at MACNA and it did not disappoint. Beyond the Grid-wheel, another interesting touch was the valve that could be moved from one corner of the base to the other allowing better placement in your sump. The PowerCone 250 model shown here and the 200 will be available later this month with the 160 to follow in about 2 months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Grid-Wheel shown with air-injector removed.

Unfortunately these pictures don't give you a sense of scale. Just check out the dimensions above. The ATI PowerCone 250 is made for big tanks and the collector cup is almost 10 x 6 inches. One thing I noticed is that the cup connection to the reactor tube is acrylic on acrylic. The cup came off fairly easy, but I wondered how easy it would be with salt-creep and several pints of skimmate.

Elsewhere the finish was very nice. Having been dealing with a jamming internal pump on my skimmer lately I appreciated the external configuration on the PowerCone and it looks easy to clean and maintain.

I was hoping to see the Grid-wheel in action but unfortunately it was a dry demo. It does look promising though and may be a great alternative to the more delicate mesh-wheels.

It is nice to see innovations continue to be made with protein skimmers.

For prices and spec sheet, see here:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/protein-skimmers/ati-powercone-skimmers-will-macna-94818.html

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

That thing looks cool! I want to see one in action too!

4. Mainstream Aqua

Mainstream Aqua 3reef Sponsor

Very Nice Skimmer. ATI make top quality stuff!

5. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

What type of skimmer do you use if you don't mind me asking?

6. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

I wonder what the dimensions on the 160 is gonna be.... this skimmer looks great... I would really like to have this skimmer.

7. reefsurfing

reefsurfing Astrea Snail

I cant decide between the ATI 160 or the Octopus 2000 XP. Both great machines and now at the same pricepoint I believe. I am thinking of the ATI b/c the new design does look very nice,However, I do like the Bubble Blaster pump(Quiet) offered by the SRO, Any thoughts out there?

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good question. I think NASAgeek had the Octopus skimmer you were looking at.. if you look at his old posts or send him a PM he can tell you why he doesn't have it anymore..

10. YellowBelly

YellowBelly Teardrop Maxima Clam

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid