Current USA Outer Orbit Pendant vs Coralife Pendant

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by eggerstout, Jan 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

Has anyone had any experience with Marinedepot. they have an outer orbit pendant for $129 its about a $100 cheaper than anywhere else. Its either this or a coralife pendant both are 150w, if the current is better i would be thinking about picking up two of them for $129, otherwise the coralife pendant is $230, does anyone have any other suggestions for a halide fixture for under $270.

??? Does it seem that the 129 dollar price is too cheap anyone think something is up with that???? Just wondering let me know what you think

Link to outer orbit pendant Marinedepot.com Search results for 'Current USA', 'Pendants'

link to coralife pendanthttp://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=3827

i'm running current t5HO 48 watt right now on a 29 gallon

thanks

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

In 4 years you may not be able to find many incandecent bulbs (new law). Everything will be florescent.
    I'd stick with the T5-HO.

1 person likes this.
  4. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

Went with the Outer Orbit 150w 10000k , got it up looking pretty good, I ordered another one but 14000k, I'll still keep the T5 and use it when i have more room on a 75 gallon I have planned

Interesting about the new law though, maybe I'll have to stock up on bulbs

5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Halides are psecialty lamps and as odd as it sounds are technically energy efficent when you look at Lumes/watt. T5 followsd right behind. If halides get included in that law, im pretty sure you could get a permit. How would you light a football field? t5? lol..... Id love to see actinic football :p

6. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

i used marinedepot once with no problem .it was a cpl days longer than my normal source but thats ok.

7. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

Yeah, it wasn't too bad everything came nicely packaged and got good deals on the lights, I've used petsolutions too, not too bad, theres so many different places to use

whats your normal source

8. Click Here!

9. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

yeah lol i use marinedepot and petsolutions and i've bought 3 lights from marineandreef.com they were the cheapest prices and quick delivery and answered the phone every time i ever called and great customer service.the site has a lighting chart for reefs

10. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

11. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

I'll have to check out marineandreef.com

12. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I doubt specialty lights will be included in any law that bans incandescent bulbs. And what will all the millions of people do that have halogen lighting in their homes? What they will ban is standard light bulbs for the most part. In cold weather climates like here in Minnesota, Flourescent bulbs are worthless for outdoor use during the winter.
    When the temp dips below 30F, the bulbs take almost 30 min to become bright. It gets worse as the temp gets colder.