Is this a good place to buy rock and another question.

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by banthonyb71, Feb 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

I have been doing research on places to buy live rock. I was recommended this place by about.com which is usually an unbiased website. I also read reviews rom diffrent sources. Apparentyl all ther live rock is shipped in 24 hours. They also are shipped in a bucket of saltwater for minumum die off. Has anyone heard of this place or purchased from them? I would like to know where on the internet can I get quality rock. thanks

Here is the site

http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/ordering/pricelist.html

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. pecco22

pecco22 Peppermint Shrimp

maybe I am missing the site you want to know about? I dont see a link or an website listed. in any case, you could always buy base rock (much cheaper) and buy a piece or two from your LFS to seed the base rock. I did that and have coraline algae forming all over my base rock(live rock). As always look at Reefcleaners, one of the sponsors of this forum.

4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

5. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Ooops. here is the link Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock - Price List

I have a couple pieces of colorful rock that I recieved from the lps. Is this all I need? Wont you get better diversity from ordering other types of live rock? I dont want the same stuff from the same store.

I have been hering alot of people say base rock base rock however altohugh my lps has nice pieces of live rock. they have nothing nice looking as far a dry rock. Where can I get some of that?

6. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

I just wanted to bump this. has anyone heard of any good things from this place?

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I know a collector/farmer they use to buy from, Why buy L/Rock just get dry baserock it will become bio active as any other would be

8. Click Here!

9. railroader46

railroader46 Skunk Shrimp

I would just get dry base rock. Less expensive and you don't really have to worry about getting any hitchhikers in the rock.