ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Skin: Mint
Cutch has a spectacular aura aboutCutch has a spectacular aura about

gallery
Default Very confused

Hi everyone. I have read and read information about led lights.,I want to convert from my 2 175 mh and fluroesence fixture!to leds. I have a hard time with the heat and the bulbs are due to be switched out. I have a 75 gallon 48" mixed reef Tank with a canopy. I find myself very confused on what to buy. I am debating between sols and ecotech. I even thought about boost and even debated about the chinese lights. I am all over the board and I just don't want to make the wrong choice. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Giant Squid

cosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

the easiest way to start is;
what are you growing in the tank?
whats your budget?
are you willing to DIY?

It is very confusing, but there's light at the end of the tunnel!
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Banned

frankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

how much u looking to spend and what are u keeping ?
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
Banned

frankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond reputefrankthetank has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

are u looking to diy or buy one all ready for plug and play ?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Giant Squid

cosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond reputecosmo has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Here's some good led reading for the budget DIYers
Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

gallery

I am growing mostly lps and softies. I do have a couple acros and a Monti that are doing well. I wish I was a DIY er but I am not sure I could pull it off. I can afford the 2 ecotechs or 3 sols but probably not the 4 sols ( with a lot of convincing to the wife).
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

gallery

Thanks Cosmo. I have debated about DIY kits for the savings. Just a bit nervous about tackling them.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
Giant Squid

3reefer 

gallery

Rpidled had plug and play DIY kits that are really easy to put together if ya wanna save some cash, i'd do that! i think 3 sols would be plenty for your tank or 2 radions!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Banned

gallery

read up on radions have heard a lot of bad things there very pricy
Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

gallery

I of course would love not to have to drop 1500 on lights..lol. Have you tried the rapid kits?

Click Here!