Reef Brite LED Reflector Kit Coming Soon

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

In the flooding waters of the LED market, Reef Brite, a division of Illumination Technologies, stands out for some slick aluminum LED strip lights designed by Tullio Dell Aquila. Premium Aquatics did a test and found that they have twice the PAR of a comparable ATI T5's. Taking their love of aluminum to new levels, here are some better pics of the new Reef Brite Reflector Kit that they are polishing up right now. Coming soon, the reflector will be available complete with LEDs or just as a kit without the lights. It houses 5 of their LED strip lights and it is made of aluminum - of course!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reef Brite Web site:
    ReefBrite » About

New 3reef Sponsor OCReef carries ReefBrite!
    ReefBrite LED Strip Light

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Very cool. I am liking my bar so far, plan to get a second. They make nice stuff, but need to learn how to spell. I also get a kick out of how they put a nice badge / logo on the product in photos with their phone number, etc. (see picture one) - but I get a cheap stick on label you can find at office depot stuck on mine.

5. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

We have reefbrite on all our fish display tanks for the store. So far I like the quality of the lights.

C.J.

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

How much do they cost and what lengths do they offer? I wouldn't mind one for my 50 when I set it back up.

7. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

I bought mine from Premium Aquatics for $240 for one 48" bar. Note this is the equivalent of 2 T5's (has awesome spread), so for 100% LED lighting over a 55 / 75 you would probably need 3-4 bars - maybe 5, depending on the width of the tank.

8. Click Here!

9. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

Thats a sexy light configuration. I have been considering a Reef Bright LED bar for my Actnic supplementation after seeing Zach's results. This entire fixture though is awesome. I wish I had the $ to be one of the first to support that fixture.

10. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

They took your $240 and ordered some nicer stick-on labels :)

11. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Co-worker of mine is DIY'ing a fixture for his office nano (30g cube). Par estimates are the equivalent of a 400 watt MH. He's actually tuning it down a notch so it won't burn the corals. I'm going to monitor how it does with the SPS and then will likely sell off my MH / ReefBrite bars and go 100% LED on my tank, using the 0-10v on the Apex to do a true sunrise /sunset across multiple DIY fixtures inside my canopy.

Check out this tank - 100% LED.

12. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

Thats awesome. Whats your timeline for this? I havent bought my LumenMax Elites yet :)