Panorama Pro Acclimation

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Ashevillian, Jan 5, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Just installed 3 Panorama Pro modules in my 29g Biocube lid. I have a blue, magenta & blue, and 12000k white & blue. Was wondering how I can start getting my tank used to this? Just start really really soft? Not sure how I'll even know if they are photosynthesizing or not. Also how am I going to do this every day with the dimmers. Seems like a timer won't work very well if I am to change the intensity for night and day times.

Ideally I would want the dimmers to adjust themselves throughout the day but I don't think that's even possible.

(Btw all of my colors in the tank look sooooo much more amazing. It's just incredible what good strong lights and different colors can do for corals!)

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

just turn one on for like a week, then turn two one, then all three over a gradual amount of time. thats the best way to do it IMO.

4. Ashevillian

Does it matter which color I start with? I was wondering if the whites and blue combo would be more valuable to health then the blues or the blue magenta. Also is height from surface a problem? My light are roughly 3" above the water

5. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

if you acclimate them properly there should be no problem, the fixtures themselves also have a sealant to protect them acainst water and salt creep.

6. hingedthinker

hingedthinker Fire Worm

Dude, I already answered your question in your other thread on the same subject. I guess you didn't like my answer because I only have a few posts on this site? How many times are you going to ask the same question? I have been doing the research lately for my DIY LED setup with stunner strips and I offered to help and gave you a few solutions and you ignored my posts.

Unless you want to spend $500+ dollars on a Neptune or Apex controller, you can pick up a $49 Typhon LED light controller and 3 drivers to drive each module independently for dimming and on/off. You could also do the DIM4 with analog drivers. The Panorama prod modules are 24v, 19 watts, so a Mean Well ELN-60-27P dimmable driver would work.

You could also use this w/3 drivers: DDC-01 PWM Controller

7. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

^ YES! do this, then you always have the dimming options for view pleasure, and to stimulate corals, dont do even one or 2 at full power, leds can be brighter the halides, get a controller and slowly raise the intensity over a few weeks.
    This IS your safest bet

8. Click Here!

9. Ashevillian

It's been a pretty wild ass two weeks so why don't you relax. Also please understand I do not get very clear answers from Ecoxotic, to top that off the standard meanwell drivers that the majority are using I do not think will work - they are rated @ 48v. You don't have to respond if it's going to piss you off, I'm just trying to get some better understanding which is hard to do when I can't afford all of these controllers and drivers just to tinker with. On top of all my other projects and school.

But Thank you and I'm sorry I never saw your other post.

So if I were to purchase 3 of the Mean Well ELN-60-27P dimmable drivers- I would be able to connect these to my Panorama Pro's and these WOULD work with the Typhon light controller?

I appreciate all the help

10. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

theres absolutely no reason to be rude, its not like it harms you every time he asks. led's can be very complicated at times. you need to understand.

11. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yes it seems like that would be the way to do it.

1 person likes this.
  12. Ashevillian

thank you chelsea! ya it's a little tedious trying to piece together the information people are giving you with the knowledge that you already know, or do not know.

Look forward to posting pictures and a write up review of the Panorama Pro's once they are all turned on and my tank is starting to adjust the the new lights. So far the colors are just stunningly beautiful and rich