DIY Kits from Aquastyle Online ??? (China)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Gillguy, Jun 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gillguy

Gillguy Plankton

Has anyone dealt with this website for LEDS? The Shipping is expensive but kits are reasonably priced. The company uses Bridgelux LEDS.

AquaStyle Online

2. Click Here!

3. kdneo

kdneo Fire Shrimp

wow, $89 to ship 3 dimable 24 led units to me in AZ! Prices look good, now if they could cut the shipping and someone would try them out!!!

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Never dealt with them Gillguy
    I have just checked the site out, and that Kamoer dosing pump and slave
    is identical to the bubble magus product
    thus they may well OEM for Bubble Magus and produce a version with their own brand name at same time

either that, or they have produced a remarkably similar item of their own

one of the biggest concerns aside from shipping costs is - Returns policy?
    if the product travels half way across the globe and it reaches you damaged, faulty, or does not meet your expectations in one way or another then you going to possibly have some issues with replacement?

So before puchasing anything on line, its a good idea to familiarise yourself with the companies policy should a claim be made against the product

garuantees etc
    if you purchase goods more locally and the goods develop a problem, within the specified time period, then its not to much of an inconvienience to you, to deal with the issue
    on a product you purchased and exported from that distance, if it goes wrong after 6 months or so, same situation arises as if faulty goods had been recieved
    how convienient is it to get a replacement etc under the terms and conditions of the garuantee?

kdneo makes a valid point
    look for more local companies who may be importing items at the budget end of the price ranges
    remember to allow for shipping costs in addition to unit price
    you may find that the extra cost incurred for shopping locally, out weighs the potential issues you may have with a product directly imported from over seas

Just my 2 cents

5. Gillguy

Gillguy Plankton

Steve Wright, I hear you and thanks for the advise. I too hate purchasing from abroad mainly because of returns and the unknown quality but this time the product upside is too good to pass up. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. $168 total including shipping and I got 36 x 3 watt Bridgelux led kit which includes, 2 dimmable drivers, 2 potentiometers, 36 x 60 degree optics, and cords. I ordered 2 heatsinks all for the $168 total. The leds are 18 white and 16 blue and 2 violet. I checked and spoke to a Bridgelux representative and he confirmed the leds were manufactured by them and sold to Aquastyle Online in Hong Kong. I'll give updates and post pics once I get them.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  6. damon

damon Sea Dragon

Do you have some out put numbers on the leds? This looks pretty good to me, I like the red and violet options too.

7. Gillguy

Gillguy Plankton

Damon, the royal blue part no. is BXCB4545450-D2-z.
    No specs for the white leds because they are custom made for Aquastyle but they also are Bridgelux. They did say they are 10000K. Each is about 180lm at 700mA.
    The drivers they have are dimmable and non-dimmable. They are also constant current 680mA output. Here are the specs for the royal blue.

http://bridgelux.com/assets/products_portfolio/BXCB4545Datasheet82709.pdf

8. Click Here!

9. pmoradi2002

pmoradi2002 Spaghetti Worm

The Chinese have awesome stuff.

10. Oski

Oski Plankton

I want to jump on these as well, love the black heatsink.... oh yea the price is great : )

11. kdneo

kdneo Fire Shrimp

please let us know when you get them in and do a full review here if possible!

12. Gillguy

Gillguy Plankton

Kit has shipped. Should be here next week.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011