Weird happenings! :O

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by tcmemphisbbq, Nov 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tcmemphisbbq

tcmemphisbbq Spaghetti Worm

So I buy this LTA with a clown hosting from the LFS, been watching it for a few weeks now. Buy it, acclimate it, put it on the sand...

LTA decides to move up on the rocks - but now the LTA isnt hosting the clown but rather is now hosting my Domino Damsel! WTH!?!?

I read where this occurs sometimes in nature but never would have thought id see it in my own tank... the clown is a younger clown so is just hanging off to the side letting the domino rub on his LTA -

Anyone else had this??

Thanks
    Tom

2. Click Here!

3. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

Not me... That's pretty weird though. I heard about it once but have never seen it. Can you post a pic? Not that I doubt you just wanna see a damsel in a lta lol

4. tcmemphisbbq

yeah i will grab one this evening if I can - lol he was just laying all the way in it - if the clown comes near he runs it off -

5. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

6. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

Someone should tell him if he's gonna steal a clowns host, he needs to at least do the clown waggle.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Domino damsel will very frequently resides in anemones, a larger Domino is more aggressive then most clowns, I know this first hand, one almost killed me on a dive once and I mean seriously. I had to hold on to a domino's rock 80 feet down to repair my BC and he bite my hand until it was bleeding. Domino damsel are nasty fish when they need to be.

I would not be surprised if the domino pushed the clown out.

Google Anemone hosting Domino Damsels

8. Click Here!

9. Bustopher

Bustopher Skunk Shrimp

10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

LOL yeah basically.

11. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

Lmao!! Amazing!

12. tcmemphisbbq

Haven't been able to get a video or pic yet - the anem has had an accident and we are hoping for recovery but not sure he is going to make it -

The dom is very aggressive towards ANY fish that comes close to the anem now - he does a little waggle but mainly backs into it lays for a sec then swims out - the clown has tried to sneak up but the dom always catches it and runs it off - poor clown lol we had been watching these two for a few weeks now at the lfs.....

Going to post the anem issue in the other category -