Unknown glass dwellers-PIC

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by apollo'sowner, Aug 18, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

Can anyone say what these are? Sorry for the terrible pic, they are only about 1/64 inch. Are they starfish of some kind? Or do I need to move to the ALGAE forum. They are white and after I whipe them off they come back the next day. I don't see any type of algae (micro) anywhere. These are white just as in the pic. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Hydroids. There are a few recent threads here where people have had the same critters pop up :)

4. apollo'sowner

Thanks, that appears to be what they are. I think I will leave them alone. I have noticed them since the beginning of the LR introduction and they seem to stay about the same size and I don't see any corals in distress. I will assume they are OK, at least for now. I don't seem to be getting any algae on the glass, sand or rock so I wonder if they consume it.

5. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

HYDROIDS! Dah dah dah daaaaaaaaaah! (suppose to be surprising sound). I think those dudes are harmless, but some are pretty nasty. Dont worry, they will get eaten up and if they dont, they wont survive long.

6. Boomer

Boomer Feather Duster

7. apollo'sowner