Are these reef safe?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Save_the_Reef, Feb 21, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Save_the_Reef

Save_the_Reef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My camera is not very good, and I don't know how to turn off the flash. :-[ .

Well, here goes a description.

K. I have about 8 of these slug like things in my tank. They have a mix of white/tan/brown stripes running down their bodies. They also look to have an external type shell that seems to small for their body to fit into.

I also seem to have one of those crabs BL had in her fuge/sump thing. :eek:

On a good note, I seem to have a hawaiian feather duster that came in on my new rock, as well as a pretty black/blue feather duster. I also have what look to be 3 button polyps with green centers.

Just wanted to make sure these snail things are reef safe, and won't eat the coralline or any coral.

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

If they look like this snail 1 ans this snail 2 they are called stomella snails and they are reef safe... They will clean your glass pretty good. :D

If you have nothing in your tank to eat them they will multiply very fast. i started with 2 and in a matter of weeks i had over 50 in my tank. Until i bought a cleaner shrimp that made a snack out of them. :p

Marc.

4. Save_the_Reef

thanks lacom. I have the one in the 2nd pic. Good to know they are ok.

5. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

There the same snails in both pics... just a different view. Post back in a couple of weeks to let me know how much they multiplyed if they did.

Marc.

6. Save_the_Reef

oh they are aren't they. Well, I know I have had them for at least 2 weeks. They number around 10, or I estimate around 10. There may be more, and there may be less. Way to many nooks and crannies in my rocks to get a certain number.