Sexy shrimp

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Magnett2, Jun 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnett2

Magnett2 Coral Banded Shrimp

Can they coexist with a cleaner and a peppermint? Also have 2 small clowns, a fire fish, and a small damsel.

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

As a general rule, yes. A fire/blood shrimp will kill them as well as coral banded shrimp.

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

they are fine together, look at my list of shrimp on my tank, i do feed my fish and creatures several times a day and that could be key to why there is no problems between them

5. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

Yup I have a blood shrimp,cleaner,3 sexys,2 harliquins and a clear deepwater coral banded lookn one in a small tank and they get along ok

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

there's always the exceptions though, since they are living creatures with their own personality's :) but i would give it a try. im sure though if you dont feed your tank and the other critters get hungry the sexys will be the first to get picked off :(
    also when you put them in dont just drop them in the water they look like food floating to the bottom. place them on a coral or rock, its a safer way to add them. so the fish dont grab them
    i cant wait for mine to get full sized. they are really cute they way they sway. they like the mini maxi anemones. the one that lives alone lives on the tube anemones

7. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

Sexy shrimp in a larger tank usually equals to a very long scavenger hunt. haha But agreed with the others that they will be the first to be seen as lunch.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnett2

Well I got 7 today. The first 15 mins my clown was trying to kill them but that stopped. Now I'm down to six because the cleaner killed one. What the heck. These animals eat all the time... Was it just because they were new?

10. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

It's really hard to say why, but I'd keep a close eye on them for a few days. If he goes after another one, I'd put him in the sump or fuge.

11. Magnett2

Well I think the murder has ended. I think it just wandered into his cave and he wouldn't have it

12. reefgirl16

reefgirl16 Feather Duster

what kind of clowns do u have??