majano anemone

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by SAABtech, Oct 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SAABtech

SAABtech Flamingo Tongue

well im new at this and to get an idea of what i am up against please refer to http://www.3reef.com/forums/say-hello/swiming-not-drowning-73599.html but anyway i had about 25 1-3 inch dia majano anemones and i found a good way to get rid of them.
    they move around very easily and fast. all i did was...... (in the move of all the rocks) some of the anemones were placed near glass and then i found out what i had to do. just prop the anemone on the rock or coral that it attatched itself to up against the glass wall facing the anemone down and toward the glass. the anemone will move onto the glass in less than a day most of the time and then it is very easy to remove it from the tank without spreading ?spores?
    whatcha think![​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. GAZBO

GAZBO Fire Shrimp

I hope you have good luck getting rid of them its a never ending battle for me but I have had good luck using Joe's juice. I dont have the option to move my rock around do to the different corals

4. SAABtech

SAABtech Flamingo Tongue

BING!! just got another idea. what about placing a piece of black plastic or pvc tube or something over it/leaning on it/covering it/etc. in order to coax it onto the easily removable addition and tossing it out. (IM GOING TO TRY IT TOMORROW) man i think that is a jackpot idea if i do say so myself. thanks for the "dont have the option to move my rock around" trigger statement.

5. SAABtech

SAABtech Flamingo Tongue

well i purchased some black PVC tubeing and cut it to the size, shape and design that i thought would be most effective and this stuff FLOTES. will need to rethink the material selection.....

6. SAABtech

SAABtech Flamingo Tongue

well i just decided to take a piece of live rock that is mostly flat and lean it up against the majano that needed removal. after one night and most of one day the majano will move onto the flat rock and then i can just remove it from the tank and peel it off. then rinse the rock and re-apply. works like a charm!!!!

7. keifer905

keifer905 Peppermint Shrimp

8. Click Here!

9. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Just use a kalk paste, it will melt it in no time, works for me every time.

10. nwfd1725

nwfd1725 Purple Spiny Lobster

i luckly thanks to the people on here spotted mine on my new piece of live rock an i just took that piece out within a couple of hour in the tank leaving a much smaller piece of live rock with a bunch of base rock so hopefully that will cure that problem

11. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

I inject apitasia with concentrated lemon juice, but it is indeed an endless battle, hence my consideration of getting a single Berghia Nudibranchs so it would hopefully have enough food as the apitasia respawn. for those who are considering getting one of these slugs as well i have read that some breeders keep them in disgusting conditions so be careful from who you buy

12. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

The only problem with the nudi is once all the anemones are gone it will starve to death.:cry: And yes he will eventually eat them all.;)
    Joes juice or kalk paste is a much better option IMO.