Looking to hire a larger Cleaning Crew- humans need not apply

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Astrick117, Sep 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to build up my cleaning crew to help maintain some hair algae that I have been having trouble getting rid of.

To make a long story short- I bought my 24g aquapod off of CL and the guy had an algae problem. I just went through and removed each rock, scrubbed it with a stiff brush, and then dipped them to rinse off any lingering algae.

I currently have 2 astreas, an emerald crab, and about 5 hermits. Do you guys think they will be able to maintain/ eliminate the remnants with these guys or should I add a few more? If so, what should I look to get.

P.S.- yes, I am working on reducing my phosphates. The guy before me used distilled/ treated tap and I kept most of it when I moved the tank, so it wouldn't crash. I am using 100% RO/DI now.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Go to www,Reefcleaners.org and fill out their custom CUC form. They will give a great recommendation.

4. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I did exactly that at ReefCleaners and couldn't have been happier. Great prices, they chose for my tank perfectly and fast shipping.

5. DarkEarth

DarkEarth Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do you have a local store? Itd be much easier for you to just pick some up wouldnt it?

Maybe try finding a bunch of small hermits (like 20), and say about 10 smaller snails.

In my 40 cube I really enjoy keeping the crew made up of smaller animals, but a larger amount of them. Makes the tank seem huge sometimes lol.

My biggest fish is a 2.5 inch blenny, the other 3 fish are all under 2 inches. (Mandarin,Clown and wrasse).

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I would have to agree with reefcleaners.org. That is the best option IMO. You can email John or send him a PM on here he will promptly get back to you with what you actually need for your tank. He has the best prices that I have ever been able to find. It only took two days for my order to get to me and that was from Florida to Washington. You will be happy with reefcleaners.org.