ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 PM
We$
Spaghetti Worm

Skin: Mint
We$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Exclamation Hermit crab attached to another, fighting?

So I came home tonight and flipped on my bedroom lights and say one of my hermit crabs attached to the front of another one, wasnt sure what they were doing so I picked one up which lifted both and it took a little shaking to make it release..

What is going on here haha?
We$ is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
Giant Squid

sostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

nothing to worry about, one is probably just trying to kill the other for either meat or the shell.
sostoudt is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
We$
Spaghetti Worm

We$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond reputeWe$ has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Figured that, he must have been the culprit in the death of a different hermit in the tank as well.

Btw while were here are astrea snails a good or bad addition to a tank cleaning crew? Saw someone complain they thought they ate coraline algae
Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
Giant Squid

sostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by We$ View Post
Figured that, he must have been the culprit in the death of a different hermit in the tank as well.

Btw while were here are astrea snails a good or bad addition to a tank cleaning crew? Saw someone complain they thought they ate coraline algae
I like them, If they do eat corralline they never ate enough of it to make a difference in my tanks. If you want something that eat coralline get a urchin.

coralline isn't all its cracked up to be in newbie circles, its a nusiance algae really.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #5
We$
Spaghetti Worm

gallery

I had a guy that wanted to sell me his urchin along with the pair of clowns he sold me. Just didnt have the room for it really.

Btw ever heard of a clown jumping out of a tank? I had a little space at the end of one of my lids and to my dismay when I returned from vacation I found one had jumped and was dead underneath the tank
Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
Giant Squid

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by We$ View Post
I had a guy that wanted to sell me his urchin along with the pair of clowns he sold me. Just didnt have the room for it really.

Btw ever heard of a clown jumping out of a tank? I had a little space at the end of one of my lids and to my dismay when I returned from vacation I found one had jumped and was dead underneath the tank
actually no never, but any fish will jump if something in or about the tank is bothering them enough.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
We$
Spaghetti Worm

gallery

Yea not sure why it would have, there were two clowns and two blue green chromis that have been living together for 5+ years.

Edit: Do you think I can pick up another juvenile clown and add to to make a pair again? Or will the older one reject it?

Last edited by We$; 08-26-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Click Here!