Harlequin shrimp

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Magnett2, Jun 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnett2

Magnett2 Coral Banded Shrimp

Ok I ordered a pair from petsolutions. They came yesterday and I'm 99% sure they are both males. So I was just gunna keep one and see if I could trade the other male for a female because petsolutions was uncooperative. So I put on in the tank and the other in a contraption I made to contain the other until this evening. Over night the one got out somehow. I looked for the fighting remains and saw none. So I'm looking around and they are just hanging out together in a cave. Wth? I thought they couldn't be together??? Will they stay ok?

2. Click Here!

3. proreefer

proreefer Feather Star

I don't think they will fight each other, do you have and over abundants of star fish in your tank because, they may be little but, these fellows are the most ferocious predators on the reef when it comes to eating and I believe star fish are there main dish, they hunt in groups and will digest there prey being star fish a little ata time keeping him alive till the very end. they will rid your tank of starfish quickly. James

4. Magnett2

Haha I have some but I was just going to use chocolate chip stars.

5. Magnett2

6. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I had them before. They only eat starfish. Mine wouldn't eat anything else. And they'll eat a starfish up to 15x their size. It's going to be quote expensive feeding them a choc chip starfish a week. Mine ate serpent stars no problem. You can usually buy them for like 5 bucks each. A cheaper dinner.

7. Magnett2

I am aware of what they eat. They are eating now. I'm just confused as to why two males can be housed together. Will they stay nice to each other..?

8. Click Here!

9. Magnett2

Hmm well they are sharing the food and are always hanging out together so I assume it will be ok?

10. Magnett2

S far so good. They are best buddies. I had a question though. They come out during feeding time a lot. So I thought I would see if they would like some shrimp. They really do. They snatched it up straight away and ate. Is this normal? I thought they only ate stars? They have had several arms since I got them and they just finished one last night.