Best time to put in cleaner crew

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by MarkSReef1382, Nov 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarkSReef1382

MarkSReef1382 Astrea Snail

Still in the process of cycling my tank, however some hair algae is appearing and a few aptasia. When is the best time to put these in? Quarantine?

2. Click Here!

3. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

You have to wait until the cycle is finished or they will just croak. I would black out the tank while there is no life, and try to nuke that HA, before it's harder to handle. As for the aptasia, just aptasia x it as you see it, or Kalk paste them.

4. LukeJustice

LukeJustice Plankton

+1 on black out, but wouldnt really worry about it.. algae outbreaks are part of the cycle. should clear up.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'm at week 8-9 and just added mine after i went thru the brown phase and started some good green growth! Bought a nice assortment for about $60 from live aquaria to add what i already had! About 20 blue leg, 15-20 assorted snails, some peppermints, a conch and an urchin! Free shipping, and they cleared my algae filled tank to crystal clear in about a day! Free shipping over $60! I support my local LFS as much as i can, but i got 2-3 times the little critters this way! Hate meing on a budget but these tanks get a little pricey!

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

No needs for lights during cycling if you have no corals. +1 to black out. Add your CUC when ammonia and nitrite are zero.