baby nem

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by arentspowell, Sep 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. arentspowell

arentspowell Skunk Shrimp

I decided to get an anemone for my 55, it has been set up for about 10 months, and all params are perfect and have been stable for a while. I got a baby GBTA from my LFS its about the size of a half dollar and it only cost 7.50 so I figured I would try it since if it does move it doesnt have much area to sting all my other corals. Does anyone have any tips or anything for baby BTA, is it harder to keep since it is a baby? I attached a picture so y'all can see it.

Attached Files:

• nem.jpg
      nem.jpg
      File size:
      392.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It is mostly likely a clone, so it probably has a fully developed system. You may want to feed it every couple weeks, otherwise it looks healthy. Good lighting and water conditions it should do well. You will know you have a problem if it starts to wander.

4. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Strong light, med-strong flow, pytoplankton and some meaty foods (shrimp, fish, clam) every couple of weeks.

5. arentspowell

arentspowell Skunk Shrimp

Well I might have already lost him, I woke up this morning and he was stuck to the side of my K3. I put him in a QT to see if he makes it and doesn't pollute my tank. Fingers are crossed.

6. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Bummer. One can only try......