RIP Yellow Clown Goby

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Bruce, Dec 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Well...I woke up to something great today. After both of my Rio powerheads crapped out on my yesterday I had to find something to give the tank water movement. So I found an old powerhead from...well I don't know how long ago. Anyways, I did not notice that the water intake was not really protected...and this morning when I was looking for my clown gobies I noticed that one was missing. I found it lodged in the impeller of the tiny powerhead...I feel really bad because I had actually closed off the bottom of the powerhead thinking that it would be ok...I didn't even notice that the back had the impeller exposed.

I am debating whether or not to replace the fish's fallen comrade. I know that they did mate some time back and were a pair...they had some domestic problems, but does anyone know if this is a one mate fish. Should I just let him/her be or would they benefit from some new company.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
    2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

Sorry to hear that Bruce.

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Fish loss is always a traumatic event. Go buy a replacement.

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I am really tempted. But I am worried that after a few years with its other mate it wont take well to any newcomers... Maybe if i get a small one. Does anything know if clown gobys are prone to domestic violence with new spouses?

6. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I am really sorry to hear of your loss.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Sorry for your loss! I have never tried to mate that type of golby but if I was you I would research it a bit and find out.

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Yeah, I feel really bad...the other one seems a bit off...ugh. I am just worried that if I got another they might not get along and fight. Do you think that if I get a small enough one would they pair up?