rimless or braced

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by NanoMano, Jan 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

So I'm building a 37 gallon cube and i am done the caulking and have done a leak test. I used 9.5 mm shatter proof glass and have some eurobracing.. however after looking at some tanks online I really like the rimless look. Do you think this glass is thick enough to go rimless? I had less then 1mm of bowing with out it on. My only concern with rimless is having jumpers. Would it still look good with a glass or eggcrate lid sitting just inside the tank on some acrylic elbows to hold it up?

2. Click Here!

3. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

4. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

So i put on the bracing (in this case its really more like trim) and filled it no problems, mind you I also filled it with out the bracing, and there were no problems there either, as you can see in these pictures, I did a nice job I think on the trim, but, I still think rimless would be more appealing. any thoughts?
    Corner shot
    [​IMG]
    FTS
    [​IMG]

5. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I like the rimless look better.

6. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

me too, you think 3/8" shatter proof is thick enough on 37 gallons? I think it would be, I'm just looking for reassurance lol