New aquarium 06/12/2011!!! Finally set up!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by malac0da13, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

So I yesterday I placed orders at Glasscages, nanotuners, heatsinkusa, and LED Group Buy | CREE LEDs for DIY Aquarium Lighting . The new tank is a 70 wide Rimless(48x24x12). This will start off kind of slow as the tank wont be here till Feb 26th and I still need to build a stand yet. The heat sinks are on there way but I can't do much till I get the leds. I can't wait though...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

cool post pics when you get it. im going to follow this thread and see what you get to make it into :)

4. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Yeah should be fun. I gotta get the alc module for my reefkeeper to do the dim on and off yet too. I might hold off on thatfpr a little yet though and just do with potentiameters and timers for now.

5. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

[​IMG]Got the heatsinks today. Man are these things heavier then I thought lol. Got bad news last night though, not gonna get my drivers till March some time. Also found out the day I'm supposed to get my tank is the day I'm supposed to leave for Maryland lol. So I gotta make arrangements to have two of my friends pick up the tank for me.

6. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

very cool dimensions, I love the shallow rimless look, was almost going to get one that dimension. Def get pics up when you get the tank!

7. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Following along. Interested in seeing where this goes.

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

congrats cant wait for the pictures

10. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Process will be slow unfortunately. I gotta get my dad moving on building me a stand or I wont have a place to put this tank lol.

11. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

So I should find out tomorrow what time my tank delivers, started working on the stand (will take pics when it starts taking shape more), leds should ship out early march, still haven't heard when my drivers are shipping though, and I'm now thinking about running a closed loop with my mag 24. Couple concerns though... I will be running my mp40 and I wanna make sure I won't have to much flow and I don't wanna take away from what that is doing and capable of. Any one have any experience with closed loops? Looking for best way to do the inlets and outlets. I also have a sqwid to use with two different outlets. I'm thinking about having the returns coming through the bottom and try to hide it with rock.

12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

So after about two hours I have finally made arrangements for a family member to pick up my aquarium from the drop off as I will be in Maryland at the time of delivery. ::sigh-of-relief:: I can't wait to see this thing. I have to tell him what to look for to make sure there is no issues with it too. I'm so excited!!!