New Addition

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by BillyD, Jan 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

So i was at the LFS last night to see about getting a couple of Neon Gobys, they were out, but the guy talked me into a Blue Streak Cleaner Wrasse, saying it will do basically the same thing. So i get him home, acclimated and within 5min of being in the tank, he's got all the fish lined up and workin them over. it was like an industrial carwash in there lol. wish i got it on video.

But now i get to work and am doing some more reading on the little guy, and im seeing that alot of folks dont have much luck with them and that they usually dont last more than a month or so. If that is indeed the case i wish i had waited for the Neons, as it does not seem right to keep a fish that will just die in a short period of time. Those types i feel should not be taken out of the wilds.

I was curious if anyone here has had any experience with them, and what your thoughts were. Its only been a day and im already attached to him. =/

He is curently in my 115gal FOWLR.

Thanks,

BillyD

2. Click Here!

3. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

yea that sucks if alot of people have bad luck with them.if your not feeling to safe take himback and wait for the neons to come.fish death sucks.

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Unfortunatly one of those fish that will eat itself out of house and home...

Right, really should not be on market.

Trade in for the gobies. They will easily adjust to other food and do the same cleaning job.

5. Hoverman

Hoverman Astrea Snail

the cleaner wrasse is a cool fish however, they are really really hard to get to eat fish food, so once they clean out all the parasites they starve to death I also would trade it for the gobies

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I would trade him in also... Especially knowing what will most likely be coming...