I have to know...

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by kimmy, Dec 29, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kimmy

kimmy Feather Duster

what is the worst injury you have received while in your tank?
    I ask this because while cleaning my tank yesterday my canopy fell on my wrist fracturing it. Now I am in a splint with a cast comming for the next 6 weeks!!! As my husband says " Good thing you saved $350 worth of lights!";)
    He's mad because he is going to have to do dishes and cook and do water changes for the next 7 weeks!

2. Click Here!

3. jbaker

jbaker Feather Duster

That's funny! The only injuries I've received to date are minor scrapes. I'll probably end up electrocuting myself one day though.

1 person likes this.
  4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

lets see..... where do I begin.... Ive been attacked by various pods and fish... (pods have a hell of a bite) been stung by anemones, jelly fish, bristle worms and something unknown that gave me blisters on a couple fingers. Smashed fingers moving tanks for people... not to mention a couple eletrical shocks and shinged hair from a eletrical fire while topping off a tank....

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Apart from bites from my so called boisterous fish, namely my Tomato and Percula Clowns and my Sargeant Majors, who think they are all that and they do in fact own the tank, that has been it.
    I guess you could say a couple minor scrapes from the live rock and coral but nothing like you guys! You guys are true warriors, I mean damn...all that you guys have gone through for the sacrifice of your livestock and tanks. The values portrayed by you and getting down and dirty and fighting in the trenches. Man, I envy you guys as you think nothing of getting injured at the mercy of your fish and corals and sacrificing of body parts to reduce the damage inflicted on the all to important equipment!
    Heeeeheheeeehaaaaa, I know, I have watched the movie "Stripes" with Bill Murray one too many times!
    Well, hope ya'll get better and are able to continue on with the next chapter in your saga of "My Marine World as I Know It and Live It"!

I need your autographs as you guys are awe inspiring like in Monsters Inc. also.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I am actually typing this from beyond the grave after drowning in my tank.

3 people like this.
  7. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

Something in my tanks ( i suspect it's bristleworms) makes my fingers swell so large and so hard I feel like if they get any bigger the skin will split. The pain is excruciating and it leaves me barely able to bend/use affected fingers. Once the swelling goes down I am left with large blisters which always open up and take several layers of skin with them leaving my fingers raw.

I can't begin to describe the pain. So, needless to say I am much more careful now grabbing any type of rock. Of course their's always the burns associated with brushing flesh against high intensity bulbs. But that's really childs play compared to how my body reacts to the bristleworms.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

so far just some stings from bristle worms.however i do know a guy that was burned by a anemone and then got stung by a lionfish and was rushed to the e.r.i have seen a mans skin burned off his arm by a mh bulb.i chatted to a man who made his own hqi lights and did'nt use uv glass over them and burned and blistered his eyes from the light reflecting off the water as he aranged his rocks in the tank.temperarily blinding him.i've read about many bad experiences involving zoos neerly being fatal,never heard of any deaths yet.

2 people like this.
  10. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

Well I was fiddling with my bro's 180. I stuck my hand in the water and immediately yanked it out (sending saltwater all over the carpet, sorry mom:party-smi) because the shock I got was so bad. My whole entire hand went numb. Needless to say a grounding probe was in the tank within 2 hours. (Whoever invented those should get a medal or something:first:)

1 person likes this.
  11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Sore back after bringing a all glass 265g out of a basement. Don't ever want to do that again without a bunch of muscle showing up.

1 person likes this.
  12. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

Wow...and I thought my empty 120g was heavy enough with my brother's help.